Sponsored

A Rivian buyer got his dream car after a 3-year wait. Days later, the car was dead and he faced a $2,100 bill.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Are those street tires he tried in 30 inches of snow? And then "he accidentally triggered a safety feature that got the car stuck between the park and drive gears."

but Rivian is the problem... it sounds to me the problem was between the steering wheel and the seat.

A Rivian buyer got his dream car after a 3-year wait. Days later, the car was dead and he faced a $2,100 bill.
Those look like the 20" AT brights - this was my spec until I decided to switch from LG to FG šŸ˜…. My guess is that he didn't air down at all, which is probably what got him stuck.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
So he ran it into 2.5' of snow and he's surprised he got stuck? Then instead of digging it out he started rocking it and pulling on it with another vehicle and broke it. The icing on the cake is he expected Rivian to pick it up for free and tow it back after he broke it? It sounds to me like this guy got himself a case of the fuck around and find outs.

Just like the guy who rolled it "easier than you'd think", when you're screwing around you might break something. If you want to do that it's your truck, but don't be surprised when you have to pay the bills for it. If I'm racing around like a dumbass and I crash it I wouldn't expect Rivian to pick up the tab for that, and I wouldn't expect them to for this either.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Not knowing enough about your own vehicle to even attempt a reset without having your hand held is the problem. Also pretty stupid to just drive into deep snow because you saw some Rivian marketing videoā€¦.

The Darwin awards have more competition every year.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Keep the adventures going.....

Sponsored

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
How did this get enough attention to turn in to a news article. What a joke this is....and people that don't know enough will see the negative spin against Rivian and run with it. Thats unfortunate.

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
Gah. So much stupid crammed into such a small article. The author tried to equate this smooth-brained foolā€™s behavior (including his lack of skill) to wait times experienced by disgruntled reservation holders.

This dude is a knob. And the author of the article is a knob.

Rivian R1T R1S A Rivian buyer got his dream car after a 3-year wait. Days later, the car was dead and he faced a $2,100 bill. 1679764854682

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Stuck between drive and park? There is no such a thing.

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

:rolleyes:

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Okay, they made it sound like rivian charged him $2100 for the repair. It was because he had his vehicle towed to the service center. I love that we live in a world where your mistakes are really everyone elseā€™s (sarcasm)

MIG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius; R1S
We made a similar mistake in our first week of ownership. We recently bought a house in the country and the week before Christmas my wife wanted to drop off some treats for our new neighbors (spread about a quarter mile apart each). Plenty of snow on the ground, but less than a foot. First three drops were uneventful. The fourth was to a neighbor with several hundred acres of land and a very long unpaved driveway. Miscalculated how much snow had been blown onto the driveway across the adjacent flat fields and plowed right into about 2+ feet of snow. A hunter drove by as we were fruitlessly trying to rock ourselves out of our predicament. We spent a couple minutes shoveling and backed out easily. He was amused, we were grateful. 100% my stupidity and enthusiasm to test the limits of our new vehicle. Lesson learned.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
How did this get enough attention to turn in to a news article. What a joke this is....and people that don't know enough will see the negative spin against Rivian and run with it. Thats unfortunate.
Seeing this even more lately. Supposedly reputable news sources trying to translate what they read in a forum into a 500 word ā€œarticleā€. I canā€™t believe Rivian even commented on this garbage and gave the guy his money back for the tow. Heā€™s lucky they didnā€™t charge him for the repairs require he attend off road driving school before they gave it back to him.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Seeing this even more lately. Supposedly reputable news sources trying to translate what they read in a forum into a 500 word ā€œarticleā€. I canā€™t believe Rivian even commented on this garbage and gave the guy his money back for the tow. Heā€™s lucky they didnā€™t charge him for the repairs require he attend off road driving school before they gave it back to him.
I donā€™t think people care that much, ultimately. If they did, Tesla wouldnā€™t exist now. They dealt with a ton of FUD. Funny enough, a lot of the RIVNQ are now Tesla simps
Sponsored