A-Pillar interior trim loose

Beachbum

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
*UPDATE: Service appt corrected this issue with replacement of internal part that was damaged during initial assembly process. Both sides are now flush and tight.*

There does not appear to be any snap features to retain this trim piece. Both sides are barely held in-place with the edges inserted into adjacent part.

Anyone one else have this issue and have resolution?

Rivian R1T R1S A-Pillar interior trim loose 1409731E-55D0-4811-8D51-276717377C22_1_201_a
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cgreenlaw78

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
Occupation
VP client services
*UPDATE: Service appt corrected this issue replacement of internal part that was damaged during initial assembly process. Both sides are now flush and tight.*

There does not appear to be any snap features to retain this trim piece. Both sides are barely held in-place with the edges inserted into adjacent part.

Anyone one else have this issue and have resolution?

1409731E-55D0-4811-8D51-276717377C22_1_201_a.jpeg
Iā€™m bringing mine in this Friday to Dallas bc thd outside black a-pillar is off and itā€™s causing wind noise on the drivers side. Iā€™m hearing this come up on several sites Iā€™m on so hopefully itā€™s a quick fix and they update this in their build .

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Dunno, but do you happened to see anywhere a grab bar could be mounted to the A pillar? Guess I could take a look myself too.

OP
OP

Beachbum

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
At this point (within warranty period), I'm not willing to modify any component. I've not needed a handle thus far as a driver, however passengers have missed the A-pillar option.

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Dunno, but do you happened to see anywhere a grab bar could be mounted to the A pillar? Guess I could take a look myself too.
I can't believe they missed adding a grab bar - every time I watch my passengers get in I could tell it would be useful.

They even thought to put it in the van, this truck really needs one.
Sponsored