Sponsored

A new gathering at the classic Rock Creek Tavern, just West of Portland, Oregon, on Friday, August 5th.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

@DuckTruck did you post this to the Rivian Subreddit by chance (if that's even allowed)

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

@DuckTruck - So I was complaining about driving across Portland in rush hour and you choose a spot further away :rolleyes:

Seriously though, not sure I'll make this time. Truck going in for service this week and not really sure I want to drive the Nissan Frontier rental all the way out there but I'll let you know.

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck did you post this to the Rivian Subreddit by chance (if that's even allowed)
No, I havent
I'm afraid I don't hang out on Reddit, so I have not posted it there. Feel free to cut and paste this to the site, if you're willing to do so, and if it's allowed.

Thanks, and I hope to see you there!

Addison1060

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 Jeep GC Overland, '23 R1S
Occupation
Actuary
Clubs

Thanks for setting this up, Bruce. Can't wait until I can drive my R1S to one of these, but I'll be there and look forward to seeing everyone!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Thanks for setting this up, Bruce. Can't wait until I can drive my R1S to one of these, but I'll be there and look forward to seeing everyone!
Great to hear! Feel free to bring Wrigley with you!

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

@DuckTruck - So I was complaining about driving across Portland in rush hour and you choose a spot further away :rolleyes:

Seriously though, not sure I'll make this time. Truck going in for service this week and not really sure I want to drive the Nissan Frontier rental all the way out there but I'll let you know.
JJ,

Sorry to place this event even further from home for you than the first three, but the payoff is worth it. Rock Creek Tavern is amazing, and the weather should be ideal. I hope you can make it.

FYI, looking to do a September Sunday driving event ("DRivian" or "Rivian Rally 'Round the Mountain"?) and start the day in Sandy. Looking to head up to Timberline Lodge for some fun and a great Photo shoot (hope to figure out my drone by then), and then around the mountain to the "Fruit Loop", chasing views of Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood on our way down to the Columbia River in Hood River, with some more play time and pics at the Windsurfing Launch Center. From there, down the Gorge to Edgefield for a bite and more R&R&R (yep, that extra "R" is for Rivian). As you know, Edgefield is another legendary local landmark and a great place to unwind and say "Until next time!".

More to follow....

OP
OP
DuckTruck

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S A new gathering at the classic Rock Creek Tavern, just West of Portland, Oregon, on Friday, August 5th. 20220805_173307

Rivian R1T R1S A new gathering at the classic Rock Creek Tavern, just West of Portland, Oregon, on Friday, August 5th. 2019-05-14
Rivian R1T R1S A new gathering at the classic Rock Creek Tavern, just West of Portland, Oregon, on Friday, August 5th. IMG_4436

Thanks to all of you for joining in Friday night at the Rock Creek Tavern! What a great evening of visiting with old friends, and meeting new ones.

As discussed, a September Sunday Rivian Run around Mt. Hood is in the offing. The current plan is to meet in Sandy, take a leisurely drive to Timberline Lodge for some fun, then head North through the Fruit Loop to Hood River for more play, and then on to Edgefield for Dinner.

I'll have my R1T filled with folks still awaiting their Rivians, and others have said they'd be good with filling theirs. That'll work best if people live close to one another and arrive in Sandy together. If not, we'll need to shuttle people back to Sandy from Troutdale. If that doesn't work, remember what Steven Wright once said: "Everywhere is within walking distance, if you have the time."

I guess this is all just part of the Adventure we're on!

Details to follow, but please don't hesitate to enter thoughts and suggestions here, or message me directly. Also, please encourage any local Rivian owners you might encounter to reach out to me directly, and to join these Forums and other sites where they might find other Rivian stories online. 😉

Thanks again to all of you for another wonderful evening!

Bruce
Sponsored