Sponsored

Gforce408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For those of you who snagged one, does your paperwork/summary say anything about the tonneau? Before I hit confirm it said “No tonneau, manual compatible Included”. But this language is no longer showing up in my account or on paperwork.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
For those of you who snagged one, does your paperwork/summary say anything about the tonneau? Before I hit confirm it said “No tonneau, manual compatible Included”. But this language is no longer showing up in my account or on paperwork.
Sounds like it is saying the rails are there and when they have the manual tonneau available you can order one and it will fit this vehicle.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
You can add a manual tonneau to the purchase by talking your guide. Once it becomes available, it’ll be delivered to you

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Mine doesn't show anything either. I think that's because they're not actually charging us for anything so there's no line item to include. If you don't get a Powered Tonneau, then you get the No Tonneau by default, which retains the side rails making it manual compatible.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

same.

i added it after selecting a truck by talking to my guide. its $800. she said i could add it later from the Gear Shop but there's no guarantee it will stay that price. i believe the current price for post-3/1 orders is $1800.

Sponsored

Gforce408

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
same.

i added it after selecting a truck by talking to my guide. its $800. she said i could add it later from the Gear Shop but there's no guarantee it will stay that price. i believe the current price for post-3/1 orders is $1800.
so manual cover doesn’t get automatically added? do I need to I contact my guide and ask them to add it?

also ,was power/manual tonneau a free option for the launch edition?

I got the following email, but no mention of tonneau:
“Since you’re close to delivery, we’re excited to inform you that the Adventure Gear removed from your order is now in the Gear Shop and available for purchase, with many offered at original preorder prices. Adventure Gear available for purchase at original preorder price(s):
• R1T All-Weather Floor Mats
• Cargo Crossbars”

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

so manual cover doesn’t get automatically added? do I need to I contact my guide and ask them to add it?

“Since you’re close to delivery, we’re excited to inform you that the Adventure Gear removed from your order is now in the Gear Shop and available for purchase, with many offered at original preorder prices. Adventure Gear available for purchase at original preorder price(s):
• Cargo Crossbars”

No it doesn’t get added automatically. Be sure to ask your Guide to add it.

And good question. I don’t recall if the powered tonneau was originally included in the Launch Edition. Anyone know?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

• Cargo Crossbars”

Ok did a little digging and from what I can tell the powered was included in the Launch Edition originally. Then once they stopped making vehicles with the tonneau they released this info: https://rivian.com/support/article/why-is-the-powered-tonneau-cover-removed-from-production-for-r1t

Based on that I’m not sure if the price reflects what the article says or not. Might need to reach out to our Guides.

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

I've recently seen several new Launch editions in my R1T shop. I am having difficulty finding out the specific differences (stereo, trim, 'badging', etc.) between the available Launch and Adventure editions. It seems like a free tire upgrade used to be available with the launch but that doesn't appear to be the case now. Are there no differences other than the Launch green availability? Are they now essentially the same vehicle?

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
same.

By the way, I asked my guide if there was any way I could get on a list to get the manual cover when it becomes available or if I had to just wait until they become available on the Gear Shop and her response was: "You'd have to wait until they become available in the Gear shop for purchase."

It'd be nice if Rivian would be more consistent with how they handle these things, but that's fine - I'll wait it out and see if an aftermarket solution comes out sooner or is better.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Curious, are there still a lot of launch editions available in the Shop?

Thanks for any input!
Plenty. All colors except yellow (as of 3/20 afternoon). I bit the bullet on a FG/FE LE today. Inventory seemed to fluctuate throughout the day. A bit frustrating how they say "shop access for a limited time". Almost like it's a trick to get you to impulse buy the first halfway decent thing you see, 'cause you never know when your access is going to get yanked. Got my VIN immediately, sounds like the truck is already built and will be on it's way to me shortly.

Guess I better get one before they remove any more features, LOL. 🤦‍♂️😆

ch33rio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 turbo S/Fisker Ocean reservation/Altima
Occupation
Finance
there were over 60 r1t's in the shop on last i checked on sunday, maybe half were launch editions, 12 were launch green. then i noticed the very next day that they were pretty much all gone.... 5 total r1t's remained in the shop. im thinking they were rerouted to another region or something. ive never seen the shop inventory fluctuate that much in 24 hrs.

md2023

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Clubs

Curious, are there still a lot of launch editions available in the Shop?

Thanks for any input!
There are many (30+) this AM including LG. I still can't quite get a definitive answer on what is different between the Launch and current Adventure package (other than LG).

oskeei

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duramax Silverado, French's Mustard Yellow R1S
Clubs

There are many (30+) this AM including LG. I still can't quite get a definitive answer on what is different between the Launch and current Adventure package (other than LG).
LE included some free upgrades, the exclusive LG color and a LE badge inside the vehicle.
Sponsored