IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

The 12V is in reference to the car battery, not the fob battery. With no 12V power, electronic door locks do not function.
Fob batteries are usually 3V CR2032.
I understand. Context was related to the vehicle. Even if the car was dead BLE module and the locking system could still function. Doesn’t take much. Would work with phone or FOB assuming the FOB was BLE as well. Even just phone is better than locked out.
Sponsored

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Any interest in making your keyfob smaller? I noticed this while looking at other things and couldn't find any better place to post it.

Builtright, who makes some great products is gauging interest here.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Any interest in making your keyfob smaller? I noticed this while looking at other things and couldn't find any better place to post it.

Builtright, who makes some great products is gauging interest here.
I am all in on a non-yellow key option. I talked to Builtright on IG a while back, they're definitely planning to produce they key, they were just getting things in order with the manufacturer as of a few weeks ago.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
Here’s something I saw elsewhere that I don’t think we’ve discussed yet - the key fob. Interesting - carabiner shape.

0E3A5FEF-3D65-4BDA-9904-6A32DC8CC06B.jpeg
I see this as 99.99% marketing and 0.01% engineering and purposeful intent.
If someone really wanted a carabiner keyfob, they'd have gone one of two ways:
1) make it a carabiner … adds $20 to the cost of materials
2) make it a smaller, more effective tool with strength and a locking mechanism and with visible, tactile buttons.

Really, how "waterproof" is the keyfob … splashproof, sweatproof?

The wristband is more functional for "adventure" sports, but it's small, it's designed for female wrists. If you're male and you've grown bone in your wrists from doing things with your limbs, the wristband is two sizes too small … : )

Not to go without mentioning the proximity ("passive") keyfob doesn't work, the phone key doesn't work, the keycard and wristband require patience and seemingly luck to convince the vehicle to open and start … not the adventure described in the brochure …

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The wristband is more functional for "adventure" sports, but it's small, it's designed for female wrists. If you're male and you've grown bone in your wrists from doing things with your limbs, the wristband is two sizes too small … : )

Not to go without mentioning the proximity ("passive") keyfob doesn't work, the phone key doesn't work, the keycard and wristband require patience and seemingly luck to convince the vehicle to open and start … not the adventure described in the brochure …
Weird. I can wear the wrist band fine and I do plenty of stuff with my limbs. My phone key works fine 95% of the time and the key cards and wrist band function perfectly when held up to the door. Haven’t used the key fob ever so no idea on that front.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I see this as 99.99% marketing and 0.01% engineering and purposeful intent.
If someone really wanted a carabiner keyfob, they'd have gone one of two ways:
1) make it a carabiner … adds $20 to the cost of materials
2) make it a smaller, more effective tool with strength and a locking mechanism and with visible, tactile buttons.

Really, how "waterproof" is the keyfob … splashproof, sweatproof?

Keyfob is IP67. So waterproof enough for a keyfob
Sponsored