First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Ford Explorer, Nissan Leaf, BYD Yuan+
Occupation
Manager
People are going to buy vehicles and export them. There is nothing wrong with that. Rivian certainly has no obligation to send a tech to him, but at least try to support him remotely. Trouble shoot, OTA diagnostic check... something.
If I park my Rivian in the garage for 2-months and unable to charge it afterwards, will I be forced to put it on a flatbed and truck it to a service center afterwards? I'm sure this will be a common problem many will have in the future, the fact that Rivian is unwilling to offer any remote assistance under the circumstances, is very troubling.
I really hope you get this resolved. Please keep us updated.
Sponsored

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
When is the right time for Rivian to provide a comprehensive maintenance/service manual? Willl owners ever have the right to repair?
I believe this is a legal requirement in some States so I wonder how Rivian is getting around this?

I personally think its in Rivians best interest to invite 3rd party technicians to Rivian to have them trained on service/support of Rivians.

The reason for this there is clearly market demand for support/service outside of what Rivian has, and there is a lot of concern among potential buyers of Rivians long term viability.

So having at least some type of 3rd party option for Repair and service will go a long ways to helping people trust the long term ownership viability.

The OP is in a far away land but they're basically in the same boat we're all going to be in if Rivian goes under.

My biggest concern right now with Rivian is reliability. It seems like its overly complicated and things will break.

OP
OP
myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
People are going to buy vehicles and export them. There is nothing wrong with that. Rivian certainly has no obligation to send a tech to him, but at least try to support him remotely. Trouble shoot, OTA diagnostic check... something.
If I park my Rivian in the garage for 2-months and unable to charge it afterwards, will I be forced to put it on a flatbed and truck it to a service center afterwards? I'm sure this will be a common problem many will have in the future, the fact that Rivian is unwilling to offer any remote assistance under the circumstances, is very troubling.
thank you,

will do and hopefully it gets fixed

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Seems kind of like there should be a protection mechanism in place for things like this (e.g. if the truck loses 50% of its battery due to phantom drain then it automatically enters shipping/storage mode to prevent a total drain). I wonder if other EVs do anything like that.

Larry T

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Ford Explorer, Nissan Leaf, BYD Yuan+
Occupation
Manager
Any update on this? I saw a few other forum topics of people with bricked vehicles, so its diffidently an issue that shouldn't require shipping the vehicle back. I think most were 12V battery related, I assume you problem solved that already but you never know.
Let us know if you made any progress.

Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Huchen_Dong

First Name
Dong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Dear all,

im new to this forum my name is Mohammed from Kuwait, I bought a R1T second hand and shipped it to Kuwait but unfortunately the seller forgot to put the vehicle into shipping mode so when it arrived all of the batteries got drained so I swapped the 12 volt batteries with new ones and the infotainment got back to life but i simply couldn’t charge the vehicle’s large battery its showing a message stating (Critical battery) and i restarted the truck soft and hard restart for more that 10 times but the same issue comes up.

My wall charger shows that the charger is ready with a solid white light and the charging port on the vehicle shows a solid white light when plugged in but it doesn’t charge, i have tried the same with the portable charger and it shows a solid green when plugged in and a solid white light in the charging port but it doesn’t charge, so i called Rivian service center for a possible solution on the phone and all they say to me is to ship the car back to the US for service!!! They don’t realize that even if i do the batteries might also drain because it takes around 2 months to ship the truck due to the bureaucracy and paper work not mentioning the cost and insurance.

im assuming the large battery pack went to sleep and needs to be waken which I obviously dont know how to do, i also think that if i can force update the R1T it would solve the issue but it has to be above 35 miles and im at a flat 0.

i even tried tow charging the vehicle on neutral to wake up the main battery but unfortunately tow charge only works on drive gear and it refuses to go on drive because of the critical battery message.

please have a look at the attached video for more explanation.

i need advice big time even if it means getting a technician to Kuwait for a weekend to get it fixed with a high price.

All advice is welcomed and appreciated

I thank you upfront even if you do not suggest a solution to my ugly situation.
I got same issue. in China.....

Huchen_Dong

First Name
Dong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Dear all,

im new to this forum my name is Mohammed from Kuwait, I bought a R1T second hand and shipped it to Kuwait but unfortunately the seller forgot to put the vehicle into shipping mode so when it arrived all of the batteries got drained so I swapped the 12 volt batteries with new ones and the infotainment got back to life but i simply couldn’t charge the vehicle’s large battery its showing a message stating (Critical battery) and i restarted the truck soft and hard restart for more that 10 times but the same issue comes up.

My wall charger shows that the charger is ready with a solid white light and the charging port on the vehicle shows a solid white light when plugged in but it doesn’t charge, i have tried the same with the portable charger and it shows a solid green when plugged in and a solid white light in the charging port but it doesn’t charge, so i called Rivian service center for a possible solution on the phone and all they say to me is to ship the car back to the US for service!!! They don’t realize that even if i do the batteries might also drain because it takes around 2 months to ship the truck due to the bureaucracy and paper work not mentioning the cost and insurance.

im assuming the large battery pack went to sleep and needs to be waken which I obviously dont know how to do, i also think that if i can force update the R1T it would solve the issue but it has to be above 35 miles and im at a flat 0.

i even tried tow charging the vehicle on neutral to wake up the main battery but unfortunately tow charge only works on drive gear and it refuses to go on drive because of the critical battery message.

please have a look at the attached video for more explanation.

i need advice big time even if it means getting a technician to Kuwait for a weekend to get it fixed with a high price.

All advice is welcomed and appreciated

I thank you upfront even if you do not suggest a solution to my ugly situation.
I think you can try star a chai on RIVIAN website to contact technical support.They may let u try a sleep cycle.if it dosen't help.U need to ship the car back to the US to raplace HV batter.

Rivian R1T R1S A leap of faith that ends up with regret (Critical Battery).... by shipping R1T to Kuwait 2f2a897567244272542c0e421736e6b

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Rivian won’t even do remote diagnostics for people who bought the truck and are still in the USA. I would be pretty miffed if Rivian started giving special treatment to people exporting trucks.
Sponsored