Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I hope this works out for you and I agree with others that we need to see pictures/videos of you R1T in action in Kuwait! cheers!
Sponsored

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
I'll add that at 6,667 miles or so to Normal, IL this would have been one expensive Rivian-for-profit-tow...

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
I also hope it works out for you. It takes some balls to ship a car halfway across the world with no support.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I also hope it works out for you. It takes some balls to ship a car halfway across the country with no support.
I'm sure it was a typo, but where do you think Kuwait is? 🤣

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Really hope the HV battery hasn’t been fully discharged and is now bricked.

There’s a company here in Phoenix, AZ that has had some success reviving bricked Tesla Roadster batteries, but they’ve also had two massive fires totaling several cars and a warehouse.

Keep us posted. Good luck. You are indeed keeping the world adventurous.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

This guy probably could fix it, and he also is the type that may see this as a challenge to take on.
https://grubermotors.com/

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
When my 12v batteries died (hv pack still charged) the truck wouldn't do anything. The tech said he had to do an on-site system check after replacing the 12v. He said it could not be done remotely. This makes me worry that I can't replace my own 12v batteries either without bricking.

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

This guy probably could fix it, and he also is the type that may see this as a challenge to take on.
https://grubermotors.com/
That’s who I was referencing above.

I have his (and his son’s) direct email addresses. Send me a message if you want to reach out.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Bring it to Bahrain and I'll buy it from you đź‘Ť

Sponsored

OP
OP
myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I hope this works out for you and I agree with others that we need to see pictures/videos of you R1T in action in Kuwait! cheers!
Thats a dream come true and i hope it does 🤞

OP
OP
myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That’s who I was referencing above.

I have his (and his son’s) direct email addresses. Send me a message if you want to reach out.
I would love to have their emails please send them over

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
The Middle east is a "potential great market" for these trucks, so I would do my best to work with Rivian and let them know that you'll make sure their trucks sell like "hot cakes" in your area.
Not really. The ME is the biggest producer of the black stuff that powers the ICE cars. Not the best place to market EVs.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I would love to have their emails please send them over
I admire what you have done. It's crazy cool! I can't add more to what has already been said. My only suggestion is to use this "opportunity" to video your experience and post it all over the internet. That will create a lot of awareness and perhaps support for you. I vaguely remember an outfit in Dubai that had a TV series of sorts about exotic cars. The guys were very cool. Perhaps you could partner with them to do the video.

Please, stay in-touch as you are on an incredible journey. Best of luck!

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
long thread, has anyone suggested:
1) Pay Rivian to fly out a tech with necessary equipment to revive a bricked vehicle. That person could perhaps be from their operations in Kenya.
2) While exporting a vehicle might void it's warranty (when overseas) it does not necessarily void support.

I think if Rivian chose to refuse to support this vehicle it would be creating a public relations failure. That's not to say they should work for free, etc. The buyer has no contract with Rivian, only the seller may have neglected to adhere to some fine print in the purchase agreement.

I imagine Rivian would want some bonafides and assurances the vehicle was not purchases for reverse-engineering or competitive purposes.

I assume the vehicle has been connected to a wifi hotspot and left on for at least 24 hours for it to call back to the mothership (which would allow Rivian some potential for remote diagnosis and perhaps remotely allow the vehicle to charge.) I assume the state of the battery is still healthy and that it is protecting itself from being depleted.
Sponsored