Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T

wallyman424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T and 2023 R1S
The only other problem you'll have is that the 12v batteries are likely dead. The rivian has a weird setup with two 12v batteries, one for each side of the car.

Edit: didn't see you already replaced them. Take some extra with you to the charger, as they aren't being charged in the car now and could go flat again.

OP
OP
myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Looks like someone posted a 3KW DC charger in Kuwait... not sure how close that is to you
Thats very close 🤯 you guys are so helpful i dont know how to thank you

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
i can’t believe you found me a dc charger in my country and i was searching for days without a result,

thank you so much this might solve the problem may all of your troubles perish as you showed me hope 🤝🥹

You know its funny but long time EV owners (I'm new) tend to be able to sniff out chargers in places you would never think to look

Sponsored

johstacy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
The only other problem you'll have is that the 12v batteries are likely dead. The rivian has a weird setup with two 12v batteries, one for each side of the car.

Edit: didn't see you already replaced them. Take some extra with you to the charger, as they aren't being charged in the car now and could go flat again.

He said he replaced those already

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

You nailed it you should be proud of yourself thank you!!!
I'm not certain it will actually work out, but short of direct help from Rivian, it's probably one of the better chances. I would consider trying to get the truck on a mobile wifi hotspot and if it doesn't charge, calling Rivian support when you are connected. Don't mention where you are, just that the truck battery went completely dead and it won't charge at the charger, see if they can remotely reset it.

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

I hope that it works! That’d be good for every Rivian owner to know. Please let us know and we need pictures of it in your country asap.
Sponsored