myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
At this point, nobody works on Rivian except for Rivian.

They are presumably supporting a few trucks in Kenya so nothing is impossible, definitely contact them. But yeah, shipping it back to the US and selling it would probably be the wisest thing as this won't be the last time you need support.
Thats the last thing i am doing and i have a feeling that im close to it.

if anyone is interested to buy my truck hit me up 🤙

[email protected]

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Rivian should spend exactly zero time on this case, or they'd appear to be condoning the behavior.
So because the truck was shipped to Kuwait they shouldn’t give this owner any support whatsoever? I wasn’t suggesting they send a tech or even send equipment - only that if there are steps they can walk him through remotely they should still try. If not, then he is the owner of a very expensive paperweight with a Rivian logo on it.

Rivian has a decent amount of Saudi money invested in it. Are we to believe there are no Rivians in the Kingdom yet? How would they go about helping those owners? If a US based YouTuber can get moved up the line I guarantee a large investor can. I believe they would be more than happy to help them….

We also know there are Rivians in Africa right now, helping with conservation efforts in Kenya. They ended up there via Rivian’s philanthropic efforts. How would those get serviced?
https://electrek.co/2022/10/13/rivian-r1t-electric-pickups-africa-conservation-effort/

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

How would they go about helping those owners?
They can pay to have the truck shipped back and forth. If they are in a hurry? Air freight.

Sponsored

ORFynder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" the RIVN, Rav4 Prime
Occupation
Optimistic Advocate
dear all,
im new to this forum my name is Mohammed from Kuwait, I bought a R1T second hand and shipped it to Kuwait but unfortunately the seller forgot to put the vehicle into shipping mode so when it arrived all of the batteries got drained so I swapped the 12 volt batteries with new ones and the infotainment got back to life but i simply couldn’t charge the vehicle’s large battery its showing a message stating (Critical battery) and i restarted the truck soft and hard restart for more that 10 times but the same issue comes up.
My wall charger shows that the charger is ready with a solid white light and the charging port on the vehicle shows a solid white light when plugged in but it doesn’t charge, i have tried the same with the portable charger and it shows a solid green when plugged in and a solid white light in the charging port but it doesn’t charge, so i called Rivian service center for a possible solution on the phone and all they say to me is to ship the car back to the US for service!!! They don’t realize that even if i do the batteries might also drain because it takes around 2 months to ship the truck due to the bureaucracy and paper work not mentioning the cost and insurance.

im assuming the large battery pack went to sleep and needs to be waken which I obviously dont know how to do, i also think that if i can force update the R1T it would solve the issue but it has to be above 35 miles and im at a flat 0.

i even tried tow charging the vehicle on neutral to wake up the main battery but unfortunately tow charge only works on drive gear and it refuses to go on drive because of the critical battery message.

please have a look at the attached video for more explanation.

i need advice big time even if it means getting a technician to Kuwait for a weekend to get it fixed with a high price.

All advice is welcomed and appreciated

I thank you upfront even if you do not suggest a solution to my ugly situation.
I might meet with a local Rivian tech next week. If so, will ask him on his advice. No promises, but If I can provide you with any assistance I will. Just understand I am not a Rivian employee and do not represent Rivian in anyway

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Munro & Associates? But who knows if they can even help given their allegiance to Normal, now.
No kidding! RJ would have a broken neck if Sandy made a hard turn without telling him. That’s how far his head is up Sandy’s…. Could be the other way around also. Could also be both (aka a CJ)! 🤣

OP
OP
myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I might meet with a local Rivian tech next week. If so, will ask him on his advice. No promises, but If I can provide you with any assistance I will. Just understand I am not a Rivian employee and do not represent Rivian in anyway
i do appreciate that act of kindness

i hope he tries atleast.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
So because the truck was shipped to Kuwait they shouldn’t give this owner any support whatsoever? I wasn’t suggesting they send a tech or even send equipment - only that if there are steps they can walk him through remotely they should still try. If not, then he is the owner of a very expensive paperweight with a Rivian logo on it.

Rivian has a decent amount of Saudi money invested in it. Are we to believe there are no Rivians in the Kingdom yet? How would they go about helping those owners? If a US based YouTuber can get moved up the line I guarantee a large investor can. I believe they would be more than happy to help them….

We also know there are Rivians in Africa right now, helping with conservation efforts in Kenya. They ended up there via Rivian’s philanthropic efforts. How would those get serviced?
https://electrek.co/2022/10/13/rivian-r1t-electric-pickups-africa-conservation-effort/
Yes, that's what I believe.

The Kenya thing is a strategic PR move that is in Rivian's interests, and one they were clearly willing to support in exchange. They made the choice to send them there.

If a big investor asked Rivian if they could bring one half way around the world, and get help if they had issues (without having to send it back to the States), then that would be for Rivian to decide if they want to make that allowance for that case. If the investor did it on their own without asking, expecting to leverage their status, then that would also be up to Rivian to determine how far to bend over to help based on the circumstances.

That's not what happened here though. They responded and clearly nothing can be done remotely, so the only option to offer is to ship it back where it belongs to get service.

It's no different than if the owner was in Edinburg, TX, Bozeman, MT or Anchorage, AK (It's also not a warranty claim). The vehicle can't be serviced there and therefore the owner has to accept the consequences and make arrangements to get it where it can be serviced.

Like OP said, it's the harsh truth, but the truth nonetheless.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
It seems like if you are willing to pay for a technician to come there, itd be a fun work trip for somebody.

Sponsored

OP
OP
myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What if the can force an update OTA bending the 35miles rule under my responsibility,

or let me in the secret menu that they use for service to wakeup a sleeping battery

or tell me how to override the gears and shift the gear to drive so i can tow charge it

or tell me what to do to wake up the large battery pack

i think there is a ton of ways to explore to solve the problem remotely but they’re just not interested

OP
OP
myboodai

myboodai

First Name
Mohammed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It seems like if you are willing to pay for a technician to come there, itd be a fun work trip for somebody.
yes it will be worthwhile, the weather nowadays is cool enough to work in open air and Kuwait is a decent place to be in

wallyman424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T and 2023 R1S
Do you have any dc fast chargers in Kuwait? I bet that'd charge your battery. You'd need an adapter to us ccs spec tho
Sponsored