Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
The Cayenne is Jet Green, I waited 6 months for it to be built – seemed like an eternity, but now I know better. I'm happy that FG is somewhere between Jet Green and Launch Green, I think it suits the R1T better than Jet Green would. I was worried that they would be too similar.

Standard height on the R1T is a noticeable step up from getting into the Cayenne. On the way out, my brain has not got used to the extra drop yet. I'm 6'2" and physically its not an issue, although I worry a little about side bolster wear on the seat. The auto drop on park feature would be nice. Definitely going to get PPF put on the door treads.
That's an excellent green. It is now a paint to sample colour only. Like all the other good Porsche greens(Malachite, rainforest, etc) which were previously normal cost options.

Very much looking forward to my forest green R1T.
Sponsored

redwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The Cayenne is Jet Green, I waited 6 months for it to be built – seemed like an eternity, but now I know better. I'm happy that FG is somewhere between Jet Green and Launch Green, I think it suits the R1T better than Jet Green would. I was worried that they would be too similar.
Which Cayenne is that? I'm actually considering selling the R1T and getting a 2011-2014 or so Cayenne Turbo with all the handling goodies. How would you compare the Cayenne to the Rivian? I am concerned about Porsche maintenance/repair costs beyond what is DIY'able, such as busted transfer cases, transmissions, etc. I've read you even need some expensive tablet/tuner thing to reset the oil change reminder.

OP
OP
EVerywhere

EVerywhere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C8 Corvette, Cayenne, Mk8 GTI, KTM 350-XCFW
Occupation
Technology
Clubs

Which Cayenne is that? I'm actually considering selling the R1T and getting a 2011-2014 or so Cayenne Turbo with all the handling goodies. How would you compare the Cayenne to the Rivian? I am concerned about Porsche maintenance/repair costs beyond what is DIY'able, such as busted transfer cases, transmissions, etc. I've read you even need some expensive tablet/tuner thing to reset the oil change reminder.
it’s a 2014 Diesel with the stage 2 Malone tune (500 ft/lbs almost from idle). I factory ordered it as the ultimate long distance all weather vehicle (about $40k of options/Porsche accessories). It’s now at 138k miles, does 700 highway miles on a tank returning mid 30s mpg. For me it’s been flawless, if I didn’t have the R1T I would just keep it. Only out of warranty repair in 9 years was a turbo boost sensor which was under $200 to have the dealer replace. Oil change reset (and a bunch of other settings) done using Durametric ODB2 dongle. Steering is much better on the Cayenne, but it’s mechanical pas with 50 profile road tires vs ATs on the R1T.

Last edited:

redwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
it’s a 2014 Diesel with the stage 2 Malone tune (500 ft/lbs almost from idle). I factory ordered it as the ultimate long distance all weather vehicle (about $40k of options/Porsche accessories). It’s now at 138k miles, does 700 highway miles on a tank returning mid 30s mpg. For me it’s been flawless, if I didn’t have the R1T I would just keep it. Only out of warranty repair in 9 years was a turbo boost sensor which was under $200 to have the dealer replace. Oil change reset (and a bunch of other settings) done using Durametric ODB2 dongle. Steering is much better on the Cayenne, but it’s mechanical pas with 50 profile road tires vs ATs on the R1T.
Thank you for the response. Seems like most used cars, if you treat them well, they treat you well back.

I just test drove a '12 Cayenne Turbo and a '14 Cayenne Turbo S today. The seats are so much better because they hug your body and the handling is out of this world better than the Rivian. But I don't know if I could handle going back to an automatic transmission that has to "hunt" and decide what gear to be in. The Turbo cars were every bit as fast as the Rivian -- once the turbos were making boost and RPMs were up, otherwise the cars were sooo slow lol.
Sponsored