Sponsored

8 Step to Delivery Timing?

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
Got my 8 steps yesterday. I plan to finance through a credit union with much better rates than Rivian so I’m curious- is it likely I’ll get the vehicle within 90 days of the 8 step completion? That’s a meaningful number because it’s the max length of a preapproval.

socal, LE black on black, UBS, Jan 2019.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I have not been through it so I’m not speaking from experience, but from most accounts I’ve read here you would likely have your Rivian within 8 weeks depending on how long it takes to get the vehicle to your service center and their final QC checks to happen.

I have read about a couple people growing through the 8 steps and then a few weeks later they find out their truck got damaged and they are put in limbo while that gets figured out. That would likely take longer than 90 days.

So, as with everything Rivian related - no guarantees🤷🏼‍♂️

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I have not heard of many people waiting more than 90 days after starting the 8-steps. Recent reports seem to be pretty quick from 8-steps to delivery.

Also, our guide told us you don't need to pay for the vehicle until you have a confirmed delivery date and they just need funds 48-hours prior to delivery. Depending on how fast your credit union can move, you may wait to put in your credit app until you're into your 8-steps and have a delivery date.

OP
OP

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
Awesome - that gives me enough into to know I can do the 90day preapproval. I've worked with my CU plenty so I know they turn things around in hours when I say "go" - on that front I'm good.

HighVoltOverland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GW/OC R1T | Tesla MY | Jeep Wrangler TJ
Occupation
Retired-ish
Clubs

I too am on Step 8 from a R1 Shop Selection I made last week.
My guide told me that I should expect step 8 to be unlocked within the next 6 weeks

I have a hunch that Rivian will do what they can to deliver before the end of the year to meet/ exceed the 25000 goal for this year

OP
OP

kemxns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Raptor
I got to Step 8 today (took me the time in between to get my insurance and stuff sorted out). My guide also said it was likely to be 4-8 weeks. We shall see!
Sponsored