Sponsored

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).
That's a similar timeline to what I've been mentally preparing myself for - hoping to take delivery by the end of Q1. 12/3/18 LE R1S preorder in Atlanta. I look forward to hopefully getting a similar call from a guide soon!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I was so excited to get the call AND an ETA that I didn't question it at all...

FYI to all, the call came from a toll free 888 #, so answer those calls you might otherwise ignore! Also, it was a different 888 # that came in for someone else I know that also got a contact this morning...
Was this a cold call or did you receive a preceding email as well?

SurlyBurris

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2001 Land Rover Disco II, R1T
Raise your hand if you just scanned through your call history for random 888 numbers....
Dammit! I got a call from 1-888-323....on Fri and sent it to call screen. No VM, so I'm just going to pretend it was a car warranty call....or a call from Microsoft India to solve a security issue on my computer....again.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).
Did you get offroad upgrade? Just ask because every car delivered seems to have it

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Did they send you an email in advance letting you know they were calling? Thanks!
No email in advance, just out of the blue. There was an automated message when I answered that said something about connecting to a Rivian representative (or something similar).

So, they're using an autodialer...

That’s awesome Skyler! I assume even with the Limestone you're just under the $80k mark “just in case”—tax rebate wise. No going back to white? Also, you smoking a bird this year? Happy Thanksgiving!
Yes, I'm under $80K & fully committed to Limestone. I just can't wait to see it...I did ask my guide & he has been keeping an eye out for it, but hasn't seen it yet either.

I will be smoking a couple turkey breasts & probably other stuff too. Just bought a side of beef, so probably some beef ribs & maybe more. Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours as well!

Dammit! I got a call from 1-888-323....on Fri and sent it to call screen. No VM, so I'm just going to pretend it was a car warranty call....or a call from Microsoft India to solve a security issue on my computer....again.
Mine & at least one other came from 888-712 prefix.

Did you get offroad upgrade? Just ask because every car delivered seems to have it
Yes, I have the off road upgrade configured.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was this your first guide contact?
I got to meet a number of guides in Normal, including mine, but this was my first official/delivery-related contact with my guide.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
To be fair, I'm pretty sure that mantra was placed on them by this forum and it became accepted as being originally theirs. I don't think I've ever seen them use that term or anything suggesting it.
Actually RJ himself has stated this on multiple occasions.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I got to meet a number of guides in Normal, including mine, but this was my first official/delivery-related contact with my guide.
Did the YouTube channel help any? If so, I’m on it?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Did the YouTube channel help any? If so, I’m on it?
No doubt, because without it, we wouldn't have been in Normal as media!

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Crazy silly why Rivian wouldn't be using a publicly named/Identified 888- phone number. They must know the daily onslaught everyone gets with fake auto warranties and other scams. :confused:
Yep ... It has gotten so bad that I had to enable the feature to ignore all calls that aren't on my contact list. I guess if someone REALLY wants to contact you, they will leave a voice message (and not an automated one that my car warranty is about to EXPIRE! ?)

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Strange that Skyler and Jimmy received new guide calls with new estimated deliveries yesterday . . . and seemingly nobody else did. Almost like Rivian wants a new YouTube video about guide contacts happening before Thanksgiving . . .

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Strange that Skyler and Jimmy received new guide calls with new estimated deliveries yesterday . . . and seemingly nobody else did. Almost like Rivian wants a new YouTube video about guide contacts happening before Thanksgiving . . .
I think it’s more likely that Skyler and Jimmy were the only ones brave enough to answer their phones when the Guides called. I know I wouldn’t have answered.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
My t-mobile plan has a service where those kinds of calls are blocked automatically. My phone never even rings for them. It’s entirely plausible that they could try to call me with such a number and I would never know. They really need to either (a) use a number with a registered /legit Caller ID or (b) do initial contact via email.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

When I get contact with the guide, some of the key things I'll want to know... how are they prioritizing delivery. Do colors and options matter? What needs to happen in Atlanta before I can take delivery? Is it just Rivian owning property or does the service center need to actually be open and running? Those are some of the first things I'd want to know.
Sponsored