Sponsored

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
I crazily keep checking my email on the off chance Guides work weekends ?

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Rivian’s mantra of “Under promise, over deliver” has become meme-worthy.

Not a very funny meme, but a meme none the less.
Its quite the opposite with regards to communication and execution of deliveries. Definitely "over promise, under deliver". Literally "under deliver" :p

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).
Did you get any insight on the rationale for the timing? Like, is it a service center constraint, a Limestone constraint, etc. Just curious what factor was most relevant to the timing, since you're likely one of the very earliest R1S LE reservations.

Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
This is awesome news! Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see you in your LIMESTONE R1S ?

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Rivian’s mantra of “Under promise, over deliver” has become meme-worthy.

Not a very funny meme, but a meme none the less.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure that mantra was placed on them by this forum and it became accepted as being originally theirs. I don't think I've ever seen them use that term or anything suggesting it.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Did you get any insight on the rationale for the timing? Like, is it a service center constraint, a Limestone constraint, etc. Just curious what factor was most relevant to the timing, since you're likely one of the very earliest R1S LE reservations.

Thanks.
I was so excited to get the call AND an ETA that I didn't question it at all...

FYI to all, the call came from a toll free 888 #, so answer those calls you might otherwise ignore! Also, it was a different 888 # that came in for someone else I know that also got a contact this morning...

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I was told on my first drive this last weekend that I probably shouldn't expect a call by Thanksgiving, but he did mention big pushes for deliveries towards the end of the year and that I would likely get my R1T shortly thereafter, tho it sounded like that was pure speculation and driven by my location more than anything else.

Rad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 and 2004 MDX, 2016 Jeep JK

FYI to all, the call came from a toll free 888 #, so answer those calls you might otherwise ignore! Also, it was a different 888 # that came in for someone else I know that also got a contact this morning...
Did they send you an email in advance letting you know they were calling? Thanks!

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Crazy silly why Rivian wouldn't be using a publicly named/Identified 888- phone number. They must know the daily onslaught everyone gets with fake auto warranties and other scams. :confused:

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023

That’s awesome Skyler! I assume even with the Limestone you're just under the $80k mark “just in case”—tax rebate wise. No going back to white? Also, you smoking a bird this year? Happy Thanksgiving!

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Crazy silly why Rivian wouldn't be using a publicly named/Identified 888- phone number. They must know the daily onslaught everyone gets with fake auto warranties and other scams. :confused:
Perhaps this lends credence to the claim that guides have been contacting people all along, just no one ever answered because they looked like spam calls.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Perhaps this lends credence to the claim that guides have been contacting people all along, just no one ever answered because they looked like spam calls.
I sure hope they would leave a message :rolleyes:

805Badger

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Model X
Occupation
Physicist

Raise your hand if you just scanned through your call history for random 888 numbers....
Sponsored