Sponsored

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
It's statistically improbable if guides were contacting new LE reservation holders on a regular basis that absolutely none of them would report it online. LE buyers are likely the most enthusiastic of Rivian fans and would certainly want to get the word out whether on this site, another Rivian message board, or social media. The fact that we've heard no new reports since June rightfully leads to the conclusion that it isn't happening.
Agreed, esp given we do see forum posts about invites to Drive events, or getting test drives from a home or seeing an R1T on the street. You'd expect high or above triple digit new guide contacts by now, if they were going to happen on any kind of reasonable pace and were individualized like we were led to expect. (the terminology used was " We expect every Launch Edition preorder holder to meet their Guide by Thanksgiving., which implies some sort of intial back and forth contact")

So I think we'd see a few reports here or Facebook or Reddit or somewhere....... We can't say the number is zero new contacts, but the odds are high the number is quite low, on the order of 200 or less to be under our radar?
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Improbable- probably
Possible- most definitely
Another possibility, Rivian has been delivering to customers, but exludes any forum members from delivery.

/Tinfoilhat

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
3 business days until Thanksgiving and 6 business days until the end of the month…

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
3 business days until Thanksgiving and 6 business days until the end of the month…
The day isn't over yet, at least on the west coast.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but brief aside:

I just checked the Atlanta Permitting site and there are several reviews not yet completed (electrical, plumbing, building plan, etc.).

We are now ~4 months from when they signed the long term lease and haven't even started construction yet. I wouldn't hold my breath for any real activity until the new year. Dont think the service center will be finished until February to March at the soonest.
Sounds to me like things are moving along at about the typical pace for most municipalities, unfortunately. In most areas, if you can get all the reviews and permits for a commercial project in less than 4 months, you've made the earth change orbit.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Looks like the November deliveries won't happen. Anyone would be crazy to believe it can still happen. Can't believe the guides keep confirming it.

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Sounds to me like things are moving along at about the typical pace for most municipalities, unfortunately. In most areas, if you can get all the reviews and permits for a commercial project in less than 4 months, you've made the earth change orbit.
Not an unknown. Rivian's deserves the blame for not starting the process a year ago. Did they just decide to put a service center in the Atlanta area in the last few months?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I'm going to say that Rivian just completely whiffs on it and Dec 1st arrives like any other day on the calendar.

Sponsored

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think we get a mass email next week. They will say all LE deliveries by spring 2022 and more contact as we get close.

We will formally hear about the delay in their second quarter 10-Q filing. They have 90 days after end of quarter to file. Assuming calendar year and fiscal year are the same, look for an update around September 1, 2022.

KeithPleas

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX, Porsche Boxster
I think we get a mass email next week. They will say all LE deliveries by spring 2022 and more contact as we get close.

We will formally hear about the delay in their second quarter 10-Q filing. They have 90 days after end of quarter to file. Assuming calendar year and fiscal year are the same, look for an update around September 1, 2022.
I think the more important date is the the expiration of the quiet period:
"The quiet period begins when the registration statement is made effective and lasts for 40 days after the stock starts trading and is for analysts employed by the offering’s managing underwriters and 25 days for analysts employed by other underwriters participating in the IPO."​

They locked all the analysts up with the IPO...the pressure is going to ratchet up substantially sOOn.

Regards,
Keith

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
I think the more important date is the the expiration of the quiet period:
"The quiet period begins when the registration statement is made effective and lasts for 40 days after the stock starts trading and is for analysts employed by the offering’s managing underwriters and 25 days for analysts employed by other underwriters participating in the IPO."​

They locked all the analysts up with the IPO...the pressure is going to ratchet up substantially sOOn.

Regards,
Keith
So, based on opening day for trading, quiet period should end right before the end of 2021, unless it only counts business days.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser

I think there is some truth in this. As an early non-LE reservation holder I will consider it a big win if I get a truck In 2022. I expect there to be deliveries, but not a lot of them in the first part of the year. Ramp up is hard.
Sponsored