Sponsored

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I reached out to CS a few days ago.

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Rivian Customer Service. We’re terribly sorry it has taken some time to get back to you during these busy times, but we greatly appreciate your patience! Your long-standing support for Rivian has been amazing and we’re honored that you have stuck by our side for almost 3 years now. Deliveries have finally begun, and we look forward to getting you behind the wheel of your beautifully configured LA Silver R1T preorder!

With that being said, we are still on track to complete all our Rivian Guide introductions by the end of the month! In the coming weeks, you will hear from a Rivian Guide that will share additional delivery information with you, as well as prepare you for the next steps in the purchase process.

Of course, if you need any additional assistance until that time comes, please feel free to reach back out. We’d love to hear from you again!

When they say "we are on track to complete our guide contacts " they make it seem like it has been an ongoing process. Lol. Nobody else has been contacted other than a handful in June.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Here is what I received today via my weekly chat...first legitimate update in a while and it was obvious they were instructed to communicate this clearly to LE pre-orders. I'm getting close to 3 years now (12/6/2018):

"I appreciate you reaching out and am happy to provide some further insight here. As a LE preorder holder, you are our highest priority and Rivian Guides are reaching out each day to LE preorder holders.

We are on track to have all LE preorder holders contacted by the end of this month, and subsequently on track to have all LE deliveries made by Spring 2022.

I appreciate you checking in, and appreciate your patience on this journey with us even more. "

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have some vehicles and stuff
Clubs

Why do people keep getting all wrapped around the idea that as soon as a reservation holder is contacted or takes delivery, they have to immediately run to rivianforums.com and post about it?! Contacts have been made outside of June and obviously deliveries have been, and will continue to be made. Maybe these individuals don't feel like broadcasting every moment of their life on the internet?

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Why do people keep getting all wrapped around the idea that as soon as a reservation holder is contacted or takes delivery, they have to immediately run to rivianforums.com and post about it?! Contacts have been made outside of June and obviously deliveries have been, and will continue to be made. Maybe these individuals don't feel like broadcasting every moment of their life on the internet?
I can't wait to come back on here and go NEENER NEENER I GOT MY RIVIAN. Unfortunately I have no idea when that might be. Spring 2022 at the earliest, perhaps.

Rivian, if you're reading this, gimme gimme.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I can't wait to come back on here and go NEENER NEENER I GOT MY RIVIAN. Unfortunately I have no idea when that might be. Spring 2022 at the earliest, perhaps.

Rivian, if you're reading this, gimme gimme.
And that's your prerogative, but it doesn't mean EVERYONE will follow the same path. Post about it, don't post about it- I don't care one way or the other, but I find it humorous and frankly a little annoying that a lot of people are basing actual Guide contact and deliveries based on a forum.

I personally think, and I have no scientific data to back this up with, that some of the forum members that were contacted early on AND held early 2019 reservations may have been contacted out of order. There are several late 2018 reservations that appear to be in "ideal" areas for a Guide contact, but have not heard anything. This leads me to believe that someone at Rivian might have been a little overzealous doling out the initial contact list and when some 2018 reservations started to complain- they went back and reworked the contact list. Again- no data other than what I've read online and seen on social media, so I could be completely wrong.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

And that's your prerogative, but it doesn't mean EVERYONE will follow the same path. Post about it, don't post about it- I don't care one way or the other, but I find it humorous and frankly a little annoying that a lot of people are basing actual Guide contact and deliveries based on a forum.

I personally think, and I have no scientific data to back this up with, that some of the forum members that were contacted early on AND held early 2019 reservations may have been contacted out of order. There are several late 2018 reservations that appear to be in "ideal" areas for a Guide contact, but have not heard anything. This leads me to believe that someone at Rivian might have been a little overzealous doling out the initial contact list and when some 2018 reservations started to complain- they went back and reworked the contact list. Again- no data other than what I've read online and seen on social media, so I could be completely wrong.
Sure, but maybe Rivian wants to deliver to someone who will do that so it can shut everyone up. Though "everyone" would probably just claim that I'm an insider and that my delivery doesn't count. I'm willing to take that chance though.

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Sure, but maybe Rivian wants to deliver to someone who will do that so it can shut everyone up. Though "everyone" would probably just claim that I'm an insider and that my delivery doesn't count. I'm willing to take that chance though.
I can’t wait until I’m a Rivian insider. That is, someone inside a Rivian ?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Maybe contacts are happening, maybe deliveries are happening (to non insiders) but we haven’t seen any evidence of that. Maybe some people wouldn’t come and post but some would.

I am not wrapped up in anything but I believe what I see and frankly don’t trust much of what CS is telling some people (again because of no evidence).

Sponsored

Arthur Itiz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mercedes a220, 2021 Mercedes gla250
The name of this thread is

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

And it's a valid thread - nothing wrong with it. So doesn't it make sense that people are posting about their contact with guides? If that irritates you, perhaps scroll past and read another thread?

' Maybe these individuals don't feel like broadcasting every moment of their life on the internet? '

What does that even mean? I don't see any guides personal information or intimate details being shared.

Why pop in and poop on everybody's parade? I'm not an early reservation holder but I can certainly appreciate the excitement of being contacted by someone from Rivian after waiting a couple years.

Grats to all of you being contacted by Rivian! Post whatever you want here in this thread about your contact experiences!

Last edited:

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Chat with CS today, still on track for guide contact by end of the month. My speculation, email end of November, phone call before end of December, projected delivery February through April, contact later when delivery is closer. Preorder May 2019, but in southeast and no reports of significant activity at service center site in Atlanta. If that makes any difference... guessing it does.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but brief aside:

I just checked the Atlanta Permitting site and there are several reviews not yet completed (electrical, plumbing, building plan, etc.).

We are now ~4 months from when they signed the long term lease and haven't even started construction yet. I wouldn't hold my breath for any real activity until the new year. Dont think the service center will be finished until February to March at the soonest.

I strongly suspect you are right about no one outside of employees seeing a Rivian in the southeast any time soon. I'm guessing February for the first non-employee regular Joes? With my 8/20 max pack configuration I think I'm now looking at 2023. Oh well.

PoorPilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The name of this thread is

And it's a valid thread - nothing wrong with it. So doesn't it make sense that people are posting about their contact with guides? If that irritates you, perhaps scroll past and read another thread?

' Maybe these individuals don't feel like broadcasting every moment of their life on the internet? '

What does that even mean? I don't see any guides personal information or intimate details being shared.

Why pop in and poop on everybody's parade? I'm not an early reservation holder but I can certainly appreciate the excitement of being contacted by someone from Rivian after waiting a couple years.

Grats to all of you being contacted by Rivian! Post whatever you want here in this thread about your contact experiences!
You're right- it is a valid thread asking a valid question. However, too many individuals on this forum, as well as others, deem this site as the Holy Grail of information regarding Guide contact and/or deliveries. "If we haven't heard of any further Guide contacts since June, then obviously they aren't happening and Rivian is about to send out yet another delay email?!" Maybe this is the case, maybe it's not. I can assure you that there have been Guide contacts since June, but as I said earlier- Not everyone wants to broadcast their life over the internet.

I never said anything about posting a Guide's personal information. I was referring to the individual being contacted and the choice that they have to either run to rivianforums.com and post something or not. Again, I don't care one way or the other, but we can't take a data sample from a forum with ~4000 members (many not active) and interpolate that into every reservation holder (~45k) is a member and willing to share whether they have been contacted or not.

This is not a poo poo on your parade post. I'm simply stating a fact that just because we don't see something, doesn't mean it isn't happening.

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
You're right- it is a valid thread asking a valid question. However, too many individuals on this forum, as well as others, deem this site as the Holy Grail of information regarding Guide contact and/or deliveries. "If we haven't heard of any further Guide contacts since June, then obviously they aren't happening and Rivian is about to send out yet another delay email?!" Maybe this is the case, maybe it's not. I can assure you that there have been Guide contacts since June, but as I said earlier- Not everyone wants to broadcast their life over the internet.

I never said anything about posting a Guide's personal information. I was referring to the individual being contacted and the choice that they have to either run to rivianforums.com and post something or not. Again, I don't care one way or the other, but we can't take a data sample from a forum with ~4000 members (many not active) and interpolate that into every reservation holder (~45k) is a member and willing to share whether they have been contacted or not.

This is not a poo poo on your parade post. I'm simply stating a fact that just because we don't see something, doesn't mean it isn't happening.
It would be great if others posted their guide contacts here. I love the excitement it brings. Ultimately though, what’s most important to me is MY guide contact. I’m a LE preorder holder and it hasn’t happened yet. If others have been contacted and don’t post about it, great for them. But the promise from Rivian was (at least initially) that ALL LE preorder holders would have guide contact by Thanksgiving.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

It's statistically improbable if guides were contacting new LE reservation holders on a regular basis that absolutely none of them would report it online. LE buyers are likely the most enthusiastic of Rivian fans and would certainly want to get the word out whether on this site, another Rivian message board, or social media. The fact that we've heard no new reports since June rightfully leads to the conclusion that it isn't happening.

It's beyond me why Rivian would want to saddle their guides with contacting a bunch of people at once when they could have done it gradually over time. They are setting themselves up for failure or at least another delay. It would not surprise me even if the guides do reach out by the end of the month that they will defer further communication or details by several more months, rather than inviting introductory phone calls to be scheduled immediately.
Sponsored