Sponsored

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I’m guessing not many more than 5K preorders.
I think the over/under on LE# in Vegas is 5K R1T-2.5K R1S, but that has been a little difficult to track down. Keep in mind those were the initial uptake numbers. I suspect some attrition considering a dropped LE is not replaced. I could easily see a 10%-20% move from R1T LE to R1T Maxpack because of the sub 300 mile range with 20" tires
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Down to 7…

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I checked with RIVN Chat, too. End of month for contact now, not Thanksgiving...

(Added: R1S LE reservation. It's nothing but it feels like a little love for those of us flying Rivian Coach™ :CWL:)...

Last edited:

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I'm a RIvian sunshine pumper but the way that reads to me, expected delivery timing just means another delay window. You're early and on the coast so you should be at the top of the list when they do start though.

The stocks will reflect as such, it behoves them to stick to something viable while being realistic.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I checked with RIVN Chat, too. End of month for contact now, not Thanksgiving...
Basically only adds the Monday & Tuesday following Thanksgiving weekend.
I'd be surprised if Rivian reaches out 11/25 - 28 unless its by a generic email.

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning

(Added: R1S LE reservation. It's nothing but it feels like a little love for those of us flying Rivian Coach™ :CWL:)...
They probably get Thanksgiving off, so end of month is more reasonable.

OP
OP
Matt D.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
When did the timing change from Thanksgiving to the end of the month? Was this communicated to us and I missed it or did Rivian comms strike again?

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

When did the timing change from Thanksgiving to the end of the month? Was this communicated to us and I missed it or did Rivian comms strike again?
Did you really want to get a call on Thanksgiving telling you you’ll have to wait a few more months? I think Rivian’s mention of Thanksgiving always meant end of November. In hindsight, they should have picked a day that’s not a nationwide day off.

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
Over a month ago CS told me around Thanksgiving and then recently said it was by month end. No need to really parse this out . I think it's encouraging that the process for LE holders will be starting

Sponsored

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

In Rivian speak Thanksgiving could be November 30th, or could be Christmas, or Dec 31st. :D

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I was contacted by my Guide this week by phone to schedule a first drive, but I had already been contacted back in June (so not a new contact).

FWIW: I ignored/missed his first two call attempts this week as the number was listed as "TOLL FREE CALL". The only reason I picked up the third time is that he emailed me and told me was calling.
DAGNABIT! I totally blew off some "TOLL FREE CALL" calls recently.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
I certainly hope that they don’t call with that in the caller ID. My T-Mobile plan blocks calls like that automatically for me so I wouldn’t even see it to ignore it.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Plot twist: Guides have been calling us for months with "toll free" numbers and we've been screening them. So they gave up and started delivering to employees first instead.
Sponsored