Sponsored

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

AdamL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2019 Honda Pilot
Well I can’t speak for @AdamL, but on Monday I spoke to my Guide and I was still on-track as of that point. She told me that “the teams“ were reviewing daily and informing the Guides about orders who’s delivery timing had been affected.

So as of now, to the best of my knowledge, I’m still on for November.
Same situation for me. My last email (from Monday) from her said exactly the same thing. No news is good news, I guess. (Until it’s bad news)
Sponsored

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
It seems clear they intend to notify LE pre-order holders with an email from a guide. There is no chance they're making 5-10k calls in less than 2 weeks. They will likely give a delivery timeframe that fits within the party line (i.e. by end of Spring '22). If you're expecting new information in that email, then there is a reasonable likelihood you will be disappointed.

The company is clearly doing everything it can to ramp production and deliver the 1000 vehicles promised in the S-1 ahead of the end of the year. They now answer to higher power than pre-order holders: public shareholders. If they can get to a production rate of about 1000 cars per month by end of the year, they'll probably be close to delivering the LE orders by June. If not, then we'll all just wait a bit more.

What else can we do, the cars are worth waiting for!

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
They now answer to higher power than pre-order holders: public shareholders.
To be fair, the people they answer to likely hasn't changed much, just more paperwork. They only sold about 17% of the company in the IPO, and mostly existing investors took nearly half of that raise. So perhaps a few significant new shareholders, but not much at this point.

Up to or more than 90% of the ownership hasn't changed.

Fred6v

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi avant, VW Tiguan
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

It seems clear they intend to notify LE pre-order holders with an email from a guide. There is no chance they're making 5-10k calls in less than 2 weeks. They will likely give a delivery timeframe that fits within the party line (i.e. by end of Spring '22). If you're expecting new information in that email, then there is a reasonable likelihood you will be disappointed.

The company is clearly doing everything it can to ramp production and deliver the 1000 vehicles promised in the S-1 ahead of the end of the year. They now answer to higher power than pre-order holders: public shareholders. If they can get to a production rate of about 1000 cars per month by end of the year, they'll probably be close to delivering the LE orders by June. If not, then we'll all just wait a bit more.

What else can we do, the cars are worth waiting for!
This delay notion of "spring 2022", is that pure conjecture on yr part or do you have inside info of a 4 month delay? Or some other guidance?

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Three Rivian people told me today at Sonoma that I’ll hear a lot my LE pre order by thanksgiving.

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I was also told the problem with the Tonneau cover was that it was expanding in high heat and shrinking in cold weather. This caused problems when retracting it. They’ve sourced a new material and are making the necessary changes.

whyasky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
This delay notion of "spring 2022", is that pure conjecture on yr part or do you have inside info of a 4 month delay? Or some other guidance?
Just going off the latest guidance actually provided by the company : https://stories.rivian.com/deliveri..._campaign=adventures_beginning_soon__05272021

(second paragraph) It was accurate for R1T first delivery and the test drives starting in normal.

Personally I'm confident they can meet this timing, at least for the R1T based on actual production to date. But jury's out!

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides or are we all getting the same sad email from RJ?
Maybe we will get a new video from the new store. T-Shirts maybe.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I was also told the problem with the Tonneau cover was that it was expanding in high heat and shrinking in cold weather. This caused problems when retracting it. They’ve sourced a new material and are making the necessary changes.
With all the reports of Tonneau covers being conveniently "blocked' on test drives, and the few noisy/clunky videos of it, I was always suspicious about it having a problem. I joked in another thread about the R1S taking over production due to R1T tonneau cover problems, but I was half serious, lol.

Sponsored

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I was contacted by my Guide this week by phone to schedule a first drive, but I had already been contacted back in June (so not a new contact).

FWIW: I ignored/missed his first two call attempts this week as the number was listed as "TOLL FREE CALL". The only reason I picked up the third time is that he emailed me and told me was calling.
I don't answer most unfamiliar numbers on my personal cell, and never a phone call labeled "Unknown", but I got 3 of those yesterday. Did I miss the 1st call from a guide?

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
I’m in TN with a 12/21/18 pre-order and chatted with CS this morning about guide contacts before Thanksgiving. She reiterated that I’d be contacted by my guide before “the end of November”.
?
Got the same response today with CS for my LE R1S...all LE prorders will be contacted by a guide before end of the month
What are there, maybe 20k LE orders? If they've hired just 50 Guides that'd be only 400 emails per guide, or 40 per day for 10 days. Shouldn't be a big deal to accomplish it

Texasag05

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-250 King Ranch, 2022 Bronco OB Sasquatch
Occupation
EVP, paving highways to drive these awesome vehicles
Not sure where I had read this, but I thought the scientific wild ass guess on LE preorders was like 5,000. Here’s to hoping. I’ve also got an R1S LE preorder.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I’m guessing not many more than 5K preorders.

Last edited:

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
This was my chat yesterday.

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.43.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 5.44.24 PM.png

I'm a RIvian sunshine pumper but the way that reads to me, expected delivery timing just means another delay window. You're early and on the coast so you should be at the top of the list when they do start though.
Sponsored