Sponsored

8 business days until Thanksgiving… are LE preorder holders getting contacted by our guides?

mkennedy1996

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model X, Model Y
That's a similar timeline to what I've been mentally preparing myself for - hoping to take delivery by the end of Q1. 12/3/18 LE R1S preorder in Atlanta. I look forward to hopefully getting a similar call from a guide soon!
I am a 12/2/18 LE R1S preorder in Gainesville, GA. They can ship them down on the same truck.
Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
LE R1S (December 2019) for me in Denver where we have a service center ready to go.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Strange that Skyler and Jimmy received new guide calls with new estimated deliveries yesterday . . . and seemingly nobody else did. Almost like Rivian wants a new YouTube video about guide contacts happening before Thanksgiving . . .
I didn't realize Jimmy got contacted. That is interesting because I think he is a 2019 order, but if i am correct he has a truck set up.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Strange that Skyler and Jimmy received new guide calls with new estimated deliveries yesterday . . . and seemingly nobody else did. Almost like Rivian wants a new YouTube video about guide contacts happening before Thanksgiving . . .
<sarcasm>

Wouldn’t that make them insiders then… guide contact doesn’t count

</sarcasm>

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I got a guide call this morning. March/April ETA for my LE R1S (Limestone/Black Mt/20s, Dec 2018 preorder, Austin).
Skyler,

I am a May 2019 R1s LE (LG/Ocean/20s right now not offroad upgrade) and just got a generic email saying I had an updated delivery window of May-June 2022.

Within expectations given what you got. I am actually just happy they did something like this.

The only question I have is if I would get it quicker if I did the offroad upgrade. Given your timing, my guess is that the answer is 'not materially quicker'.

Happy hunting to everyone, and great job to the folks at Rivian Stories including you.

Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Skyler,

I am a May 2019 R1s LE (LG/Ocean/20s right now not offroad upgrade) and just got a generic email saying I had an updated delivery window of May-June 2022.

Within expectations given what you got. I am actually just happy they did something like this.

The only question I have is if I would get it quicker if I did the offroad upgrade. Given your timing, my guess is that the answer is 'not materially quicker'.

Happy hunting to everyone, and great job to the folks at Rivian Stories including you.
I got my email today like everyone else. I'm a 12/3/18 R1S LE in Atlanta that was quoted a may-June delivery. Is that due to location? Configuration? Seems odd that 2 people ordering around the same time would be 2 months apart.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I got my email today like everyone else. I'm a 12/3/18 R1S LE in Atlanta that was quoted a may-June delivery. Is that due to location? Configuration? Seems odd that 2 people ordering around the same time would be 2 months apart.
It is your R1s+ location in my opinion

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Skyler,

I have the offroad upgrade but want to know what happens if I remove it. 12/8/2018 los angeles. Le LG R1T, with off road
D, 20 inch wheels, black mountain interior. They told me march-april.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I have the offroad upgrade but want to know what happens if I remove it. 12/8/2018 los angeles. Le LG R1T, with off road
I'm curious what you learn, if the off road option makes a difference. I may would get the off road upgrade if I knew it meant I'd take delivery 3 months earlier.

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Sorry, Stynes. In my opinion your relatively late date is a combination of two negative factors - your location versus a service center; and the R1s versus an R1T.

It is clear to me (inference only), R1Ts are mostly getting built on LE before R1s LE. Three lines, one batteries, one R1, one Amazon.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Eggpaul
Our configuration is the same. I preordered in 7/20/2020 Los Angeles. They told me May - June.

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Sorry, Stynes. In my opinion your relatively late date is a combination of two negative factors - your location versus a service center; and the R1s versus an R1T.

It is clear to me (inference only), R1Ts are mostly getting built on LE before R1s LE. Three lines, one batteries, one R1, one Amazon.
Yeah, I knew, and they've communicated all along, that R1T was coming before R1S. I just missed in that comment that it was about an R1T. Thanks for catching that!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I'm curious what you learn, if the off road option makes a difference. I may would get the off road upgrade if I knew it meant I'd take delivery 3 months earlier.
seems without the offroad upgrade people are getting it only 1 month after me. I will ask CS. don't expect an answer though

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
seems without the offroad upgrade people are getting it only 1 month after me. I will ask CS. don't expect an answer though
Asked CS on chat just now about delivery location (in Georgia, and no construction on Atlanta service center yet ) and if adding the off road package would help move up the delivery....she gave no comment about location but said I could add the off road package if desired, but, but no guarantee would move up the delivery timeframe. As you said, didn't really expect a different answer.

About the email vs the Guide contact. She suggested that all the Guide would do at this point was to give a projected delivery window, and the email did that. Expect Guide contact closer to delivery.
Sponsored