First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
#991x and no issues. Good production run block. Also prior to all of the Sandy Munro “cheapening” implementations. Still have the magnetic frunk trim fasteners and 12v frunk port. So, as “originally designed.”
Sponsored

Zorg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
I am looking forward to seeing updates to this thread in 12 months. I sure hope that we all sing the same tune.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Mine is close to perfect. Close enough I absolutely love it! My only wish is that service was more accessible and more willing to dive in and solve the small issues I have. But I am no hurry.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Best vehicle I’ve ever driven. We’ve had it 7 days tomorrow and we’re at just under 1,000 miles. We were apprehensive picking it up at the factory and immediately hitting the road, but knock on wood it’s been great. We have one minor paint defect that service team is fixing before we PPF the front, but from a mechanical standpoint all is great.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Great to hear!!
It's certainly not impossible to produce a defect free EV... I've had two brand new Tesla's since Nov 2020 and both were 100% defect free from the factory. I sold the Model Y after one problem free year and we still have the Model 3 which still has never had an issue in 18 months of ownership.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
#991x and no issues. Good production run block. Also prior to all of the Sandy Munro “cheapening” implementations. Still have the magnetic frunk trim fasteners and 12v frunk port. So, as “originally designed.”
Rivian R1T R1S 5000 Miles of Perfect Operation From My R1T IMG_0027.PNG

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Like one former president of GM said "GM is in the business of making money, not cars.". I think that's how Sandy looks at auto manufacturers.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I am at 8k miles and am in the same boat. And I use it as a truck. My vin is 8143

i am trying to figure out if you meant to put trail and error? Either way I like it. Haha
Part of the error

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T
Occupation
Physician
My R1T Blue Truck has been PERFECT for the first 5000 miles. It is an engineering marvel. I have had 4 OTA updates since taking ownership. My # is 9362. This truck is a culmination of trail and error before it was produced. Being the first EV truck, I expected it would have some flaws, especially on the assembly line. Do other owners understand that!
Same. Just hit a perfect 5k. Nice to see some people posting the positives

HJP1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T (sold) Lexus LS460, Cadillac XT5, Lexus IS500
Occupation
retired
VIN# 9900's with 3000 miles of basically moderately aggressive local driving. Only issue was programing the key fob and bracelet which did not work from delivery and ultimately needed to replace an internal antenna (so I was told). Aside from some intermittent squeaks and rattles my only complaint is what I think is a little too much wind noise, my Tesla 3 was very quiet. My other temporary annoyance is all the attention the R1T attracts, normally I like to be as invisible as possible when speeding..........

Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I have a 5xxx VIN and 8859 miles. Only issues were frunk not closing reliably due to software glitch and another glitch that temporarily killed the air compressor in the bed. Both were fixed with subsequent updates. Nothing that stopped the truck from rolling. Love driving the R1T!

MarcyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
We hit 17,000 miles on the button on New Year's Eve. R1T VIN 42xx (picked up from the Rivian factory in June - and if you have the chance to do a factory pickup, I highly recommend that experience). Towed our 19' travel trailer for 3,600 of those miles.

And we're very happy with our truck!

OP
OP

Big Dog Rivian

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
Driving habits?
I live in the mountains with 45 miles of curves to the closest store. Ice and snow in the winter, even before the last OTA update the truck handled better than my QX 56 in ice and snow.

I spent 3 years in Antarctica driving all kinds of equipment. I wish I had a Rivian R1T back then.

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I'm VIN 004xxx. Hit 10,000 miles today as I enter my 9th month with the truck. I've been towing, wheeling, hauling mountain bikes, camping with a RTT, pretty much the whole shebang.

The only (only!) real issue I've had so far is the tonneau cover, which jammed on the first night I had the truck back in May. However, it was fixed by Rivian within 24 hours and has worked reliably ever since (🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞) even with light but consistent use (at least a few times a week).

I don't even have any panel or noise issues (at least not that I can blame Rivian for - there's a slight wind noise and occasional rattle from my driver's side door ever since I had the PPF applied and windows tinted, but that's because the PPF shop dropped something in the door and seem to have widened the gap in the window seals so it lets some air in.)

I've had other issues which I'd describe as "minor gremlins" - mostly software ghosts that disappear as soon as they appear - e.g., every now and then my TPMS sensors complain for a few minutes and then fix themselves, or once I saw the full christmas tree of motor/suspension errors while off-roading (I think right after throwing it into drive a little too eagerly while still moving in reverse) which resolved itself after parking. None of these have ever affected my driving experience in any meaningful way.
Sponsored