First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
My R1T Blue Truck has been PERFECT for the first 5000 miles. It is an engineering marvel. I have had 4 OTA updates since taking ownership. My # is 9362. This truck is a culmination of trail and error before it was produced. Being the first EV truck, I expected it would have some flaws, especially on the assembly line. Do other owners understand that!
Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Refreshing to hear. Mileage???

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Driving habits?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you'll feel like you fit in with the rest of us eventually.

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

I have some small complaints but overall have to agree, for a first offering they totally nailed this thing.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Glad to read someone has 5000 miles without issues. Sad that 5000 miles without issues is an accomplishment/compliment.

Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

My R1T Blue Truck has been PERFECT for the first 5000 miles. It is an engineering marvel. I have had 4 OTA updates since taking ownership. My # is 9362. This truck is a culmination of trail and error before it was produced. Being the first EV truck, I expected it would have some flaws, especially on the assembly line. Do other owners understand that!
I am at 8k miles and am in the same boat. And I use it as a truck. My vin is 8143

i am trying to figure out if you meant to put trail and error? Either way I like it. Haha

NC-Rivian

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver R1T
Occupation
Sales
VIN 88xx and 8329 miles with nary a complaint. Wait, I DO have one: there’s an annoying squeak inside the front passenger door. I’m guessing one of the many screws that Munro railed about needs tightening.

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

VIN 4xxx with 8k+ miles and everything works perfectly including the tonneau. Minor squeaks, rattles and occasional thunks aside, truck is damn near perfect.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I would have made the same post but not brave enough. Don't trust my knuckles on wood. But seriously, I'm at 8600 miles and essentially with you. I have one minor panel gap...the black trim below the rear driver side door doesn't quite line up, but not worth a 2.5 hr trip to a SC to fix now. Tonneau sounded a little nasty a couple of times but so far has worked fine too. It survived an entire month of PA hunting seasons being parked outside full time from early Nov through mid December in rain, snow, and ice storms. Handled some nasty deep mud and ruts like it was a paved road. Barely even any UI software glitches. I can only recall doing a soft reset one time and can't even remember what that was for. I've been meaning to buy a tire depth gauge, but at 8.6k it looks slightly noticeable but not significant. Lots of highway miles with a few long trips and multiple 200 mile trips back and forth to camp.

VIN is 9613 which is not far off from several posts I have seen with similar experiences. Could be random chance, but who knows. Maybe we all got lucky and they were going through some phase of enhanced QA. I do know that the mobile tech that came to fix my recall said that at least at the Cleveland SC, they were very thorough with their final inspections and aggressive about fixing any minor issues before delivery.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
6k for me and same, no issues, everything in good working order. Glad to hear it's been a great experience for you thus far OP!
Sponsored