5 Tire Rotation, who's doing it?

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Some vehicles have different sizes of tires front and rear. My 2010 Camaro was that way and you couldn't rotate them. Perelli recommends rotating every 5-8k miles, however.
I understand the different size tires not being able to rotate. In the case of our XC90 it is the same front and back. Since we stopped the rotation as the manual states I have noticed the tires are lasting longer.
Sponsored

NachoRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep SRT
Occupation
Rivan pre-order hodl'er

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
I understand the different size tires not being able to rotate. In the case of our XC90 it is the same front and back. Since we stopped the rotation as the manual states I have noticed the tires are lasting longer.
I will add the only items told to do is balancing and of course alignment (when out).

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Does the manual state to rotate the tires. Our Volvo and my parents BMW manual specifically state not to rotate the tires. Volvo is clear that the front's will wear faster, and interestingly enough, they address the fact that the tread depth will become significantly different from front to back as a positive, because the added depth at back "will reduce oversteer" (as if the XC had any to begin with).
Volvo stopped recommending tire rotations at the same time they started covering the maintenance costs for the first several years of ownership.

dropping tire rotations wasn’t about what’s best for tire life, handling, or the customer…. It was a way to keep costs down on an expensive new program They were rolling out.
Sponsored