400+ miles announced??

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
Saw this one the story of clubrivian on instagram where someone's configuration says 400+ miles. Has anybody else noticed the 400+ miles battery pack being offered in the configurator?
Rivian R1T R1S 400+ miles announced?? SmartSelect_20210425-232819_Gallery
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
You can configure max pack for the R1T so long as you didn’t select Launch Edition. They won’t start shipping until next year though.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Saw this one the story of clubrivian on instagram where someone's configuration says 400+ miles. Has anybody else noticed the 400+ miles battery pack being offered in the configurator?
I have the 400+ mile MAX pack configured on my reservation. It's available on the R1T -- not the R1S.

StevieD

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 RAM Longhorn, Cancelled R1T Reservation
Occupation
Retired - Living the Dream!
I have mine configured for 400+ battery

OP
OP

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
I see that it's only release for r1t. I have preordered an r1s.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Then you won’t have the option to configure max pack until next year. You can ask your guide when they contact you if you can defer until max pack is available to configure next year and still maintain your priority.

Reactions: Jay

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Then you won’t have the option to configure max pack until next year. You can ask your guide when they contact you if you can defer until max pack is available to configure next year and still maintain your priority.
Since I did not order an LE, I am now told I will be contacted around Thanksgiving. I really want to know prior to then if and when a Max Pack for the R1S will be available. If they announce it too soon, some LE reservations may get changed for those wanting a bigger pack if it is not delayed very long. If there is no word on this by Thanksgiving and they tell me my delivery is in Jan 2022 (likely because of my fairly early pre-order), I guess I will be stuck with only the 300 mile option. This is a complete reversal from the original email receipt from Rivian stating the largest packs would ship first.

I originally configured the R1T with Max Pack and planned on waiting until mid 22 for the removable roof. Then once the Hummer came out I went for that truck for the removable roof, bigger bed size and 350KW charging. If I have to wait until the second half of 22, I think the Hummer is a better truck for me. At least with the Hummer, it is very clear what options will be available, right at the launch. I will get the R1S for my wife and forgo the off road package, but a bigger battery would be nice to have.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
AZBill,
It is looking like all your preferred spec./ options will be Q2 of 2022 at the earliest. If you could take delivery of an LE R1T in September 2021 drive it for a year then sell or trade for the Huumer configuration you want a year later could work for you? Depreciation might not be horrible on the LE since it would still be production constrained.
Also I'm curious what people who want the future "max pack" R1S are doing to hold their spot? Do you configure a max pack R1T then hope they get it sorted out by the time your guide contacts you?

Reactions: Rad

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
My plan now is to get the R1S, early 22 and then should have the Hummer by early 23. We will keep both. I do not have an LE on order, looking back I probably should have opted for that.
Sponsored