Sponsored

400+ Escalade EV for 2021— what does this forum think?

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
I'm a Cadillac fan. My wife drove an Escalade and I moved her down to the X5 as her health deteriorated. Both great for us.

I always had great buying, ownership and service experiences. I won't plug the dealership, but they're in Tempe, AZ.

I would buy an EV Cadillac EXT in a heartbeat and very seriously consider an EV Escalade before the R1S. But that's just me.
I also am a cadillac lover and currently have a 2011 ext. I was so sad when they discontinued it.. I would get an ev ext in a heartbeat!
Sponsored

Big_Ike

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MYP, '22 R1T, '23 R1S
Occupation
Parenting
Clubs

I also am a cadillac lover and currently have a 2011 ext. I was so sad when they discontinued it.. I would get an ev ext in a heartbeat!
Thank goodness for the R1T!

Rob P

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Range Rover HSE Supercharged, 2014 BMW 650 convertible, 2014 Mercedes C class wife, 4 Dodge Rams trucks for work
Occupation
Own a Landscape and Christmas decorating company
I would not have put a deposit down had I known there was going to be an indefinite wait or no 400 mile range SUV. I am really dissapointed and will pull my reservation if they don't have a concrete timeline for a 400 mile range R1s. IMO it is a huge design flaw that they could have made the R1s the same length as the truck and had a 3rd row and 400 mile range. Range is the most important variable in an EV particularly something that is supposed to go way out into the wilderness.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I would not have put a deposit down had I known there was going to be an indefinite wait or no 400 mile range SUV. I am really dissapointed and will pull my reservation if they don't have a concrete timeline for a 400 mile range R1s. IMO it is a huge design flaw that they could have made the R1s the same length as the truck and had a 3rd row and 400 mile range. Range is the most important variable in an EV particularly something that is supposed to go way out into the wilderness.
They've already stated the R1S will not be offered with the Max pack and 400+ miles of range.
They will at some point (after launch) offer a longer range version than the large pack, but it will be less than 400.
If a 400+ mile 3 row SUV is what you must have, you likely have at least a few years to wait. Rivian may find a way to make it work, but right now they say that is not a product they will be offering.
Basically their concrete timeline for a 400+ mile R1S is "never" (subject to change).
Sponsored