Sponsored

4 Wheel Steering Cybertruck - in Action Video

SolartoEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T VIN 269*, 2019 RAV4 Hybrid, 1999 Ford F-250
I have a 7 bay garage. 3 car lengths on one side and 4 on the other. If you guys want to buy one at store it at my house that's fine.
Sponsored

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
I think this is accurate. Given all the claims Musk has made about this truck and it’s capabilities, do we really expect it to come in under the X? I would be very surprised.
I absolutely believe the CT will come in under the X. At least some variant of it, but perhaps not at launch. They sell low 10’s of thousands of X and S Models per year. The CT has a factory dedicated to it. Yes I know, dedicated along with the Y, but the factory is under expansion currently and will be in the foreseeable future.

The CT needs volume, Tesla is no longer interested in being a bit player. Hence no Roadster for the foreseeable future. The Y is likely to become the best selling vehicle on the planet. The CT is being built because it’s going to compete in the largest and most profitable market in the US.

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
I agree. The point of the $40K entry point is to match the F150 work truck
Hope nobody plans on parking these things in their garage. They are a beast in size. I don't think official numbers have been released but looks close to 240 inches. Only a select few have garages big enough. If they have a 3 car garage, with the 4-wheel steering, I guess they could park it sideways in the garage!
A non compromised garage is 22' or 24' long, Track houses where space is taken from the attached garage to increase living area is 20' or less. But no one doing house design thinks that is optimal.

The original $40K CT entry price was based on the F150 work truck. Of course there is no reason for Tesla to sell at that price, but it probably won't be $140K either. The interior is likely similar to model 3/Y.

If Tesla can sell all the CT they can make for a few years they have little reason to add the many frills Rivian includes.

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Single motor variant will never be produced. It will start with dual motor / 300ish mile range. This lines up with Lightning Lariat Extended range which is around $88k. That $50k price is long out the window for obvious reasons. It's been years and the landscape is totally different with covid economics. The question is how much will they undercut Ford. $69k starting sounds like it could be in the ballpark.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Tesla Cybervan in 2025!!! Tesla leadership most likely green lighted the project and initial development has already started. This is a no brainer move in my book.
Tradesman, delivery and service companies, overlanding crowd, etc. would flock to this van.
Rivian R1T R1S 4 Wheel Steering Cybertruck - in Action Video 37FCDB8E-ECD3-4FF7-8046-FC6EAAD4ECF6
Rivian R1T R1S 4 Wheel Steering Cybertruck - in Action Video 5818C5EB-2636-410C-AE4C-EE3CFF4001B6

Last edited:

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Tesla Cybervan in 2025!!!

37FCDB8E-ECD3-4FF7-8046-FC6EAAD4ECF6.jpeg
5818C5EB-2636-410C-AE4C-EE3CFF4001B6.png
HVAC guys and other panel guys would love it.

Am I hearing about a 500 mile range, 0-60 under 3 second, and a price point of 38K?

Dammit this man is genius.

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
HVAC guys and other panel guys would love it.

Am I hearing about a 500 mile range, 0-60 under 3 second, and a price point of 38K?

Dammit this man is genius.
Haha...assuming that was sarcasm

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

It’s a bit ugly (or a lot depending on the day) but I put in a reservation about a week after we bought our Tesla.
As far as pricing, like the rest of you, I don’t know what they’ll cost but they’ll probably cover the range of a normal truck line up ($40k - $110k see F-150). I’d totally get it if it starts $15-20k higher as it’s an EV.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
One thing is clear...you ain't buying it for the looks.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
My guess? The CT will slot in between the Model Y and Model S.

Quad Motor will likely MSRP for $89,990 + destination fee before options.

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
One thing is clear...you ain't buying it for the looks.
Lol. We are buying it precisely for the looks. All the men (boys) at my wife's energy company employer drive their oversized, soft, rounded edge, flabby-guy Fords and Chevys with the comfy leather big-butt seats. CT is a streamlined, spartan, performance machine. She is buying it primarily to irritate the s#!t out of the guys she works with. I cannot imagine a better reason to buy one.

uthatch

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Model Y, Bronco - sold for R1T
Lol. We are buying it precisely for the looks. All the men (boys) at my wife's energy company employer drive their oversized, soft, rounded edge, flabby-guy Fords and Chevys with the comfy leather big-butt seats. CT is a streamlined, spartan, performance machine. She is buying it primarily to irritate the s#!t out of the guys she works with. I cannot imagine a better reason to buy one.
LOL, this is a wonderful reason to get one in my book! The only thing that could maybe make it better is if 1-2 of those men had the Hummer EV. I detest that thing and everyone I've met so far with one (which is not a lot so I reserve the right to change my judgement). So the CT deflating that crowd is worth the price of admission!
Sponsored