SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Awesome work @Kjames ! Thank you for also sharing the download and making it freely available to the community.

Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Is someone willing to make these for me? Wife won’t let me buy a 3d printer but would really like to have these for my hydro flask.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Maybe ask @RWerksman if he can offer a print service as he has his own line of 3D printed Rivian accessories?

Last edited:

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Maybe ask @RWerksman if he can offer a print service as he has his on line of 3D printed Rivian accessories?
I'm thinking there are off the shelf options that do the same thing available on Amazon. Printing them is seemingly VERY expensive, unfortuantely.

BTW - I'm happy to do this for folks who design something or have an idea. Thanks for thinking of me! :)

bagsofcole

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap/OC R1T, FOR SALE: 2017 Tesla Model S 90D
Occupation
Network Engineer
Thanks @Kjames ! Santa delivered me an R1T and a 3D printer for Christmaka so I'm just getting my feet under me in the printing world. This cup holder is ingenious but my little ender 3 about 17 hours to print. How'd you avoid the undergrowth around the rim like mine?

Rivian R1T R1S 3D Printed Center Console Cup Holder Insert for 32oz. Hydroflask, Nalgene and coffee/tea mugs IMG_0066

p3ck

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Thanks @Kjames ! Santa delivered me an R1T and a 3D printer for Christmaka so I'm just getting my feet under me in the printing world. This cup holder is ingenious but my little ender 3 about 17 hours to print. How'd you avoid the undergrowth around the rim like mine?

IMG_0066.jpeg
Did you print with supports?

I printed with supports and used PC Blend filiament which should be good in a hot car.

bagsofcole

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
El Cap/OC R1T, FOR SALE: 2017 Tesla Model S 90D
Occupation
Network Engineer
Of course not… thanks for the tips!

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

3D printed insert for center cup holder tray. Will accommodate 32 water bottles - Hydroflask and Nalgene - as well as standard coffee/tea mugs with handles. Not an offer for printed items. Just a model for the community. Details and editable design files can be found in my post on Printables.com

Enjoy!

https://www.printables.com/model/327766-rivian-r1s-and-r1t-hydroflask-and-mug-holder

IMG_6037.jpg

IMG_6039.jpg

IMG_6040.jpg

IMG_6041.jpg
That’s a very clean looking finish on your print. Is that PLA? What printer did you use?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kjames

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Ford Expedition, Toyota 4Runner
That’s a very clean looking finish on your print. Is that PLA? What printer did you use?
It's SainSmart ePA-CF Carbon Fiber Nylon, printed on a Bambu Lab X1C at 0.30 layer height. Many carbon fiber blends yield a nice shiny matte finish, but I agree that this one is next level. I have printed this Nylon on an old Creality CR-10S with a glass bed with success but the finish was not quite this nice.

OP
OP

Kjames

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes, support is needed.

"Support Top Distance" or space between support and object should be 50-100% of your layer height. I used 0.2 mm support distance with a 0.3 mm layer height and the supports separated quite cleanly from the model.

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

It's SainSmart ePA-CF Carbon Fiber Nylon, printed on a Bambu Lab X1C at 0.30 layer height. Many carbon fiber blends yield a nice shiny matte finish, but I agree that this one is next level. I have printed this Nylon on an old Creality CR-10S with a glass bed with success but the finish was not quite this nice.
You seem to really know what you’re doing, which is why this came out so good. Thanks for sharing the details.

I’ve done some 3D printing with carbon fiber nylon filament, and I know how challenging it is. Here’s one project I did with it that you might enjoy:

OP
OP

Kjames

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks! I can’t wait to watch.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

Has anyone 3D printed a low profile bottle holder/organizer for the lower console in front of the camp speaker that might be willing to share the 3D print files? @RWerksman have you made anything for this lower area yet? Thanks in advance for anyone who sees this and might share!
Sponsored