John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MS Plaid, 2021 MY, and R1T on order
Occupation
Retired
Hello all,

I downloaded and printed this mount for my MagSafe iPhone 14 pro, but the screen is blocked my the steering wheel as a MagSafe mount has the phone sitting too low.

I was going to use Fusion 360 to add a solid extender on top of the main body and then slide the ball and ball arm component up 2-2.5” higher on this newly added extender.

Well, I come to realize Fusion 360 learning curve would take too long to accomplish a simple model edit.

I was hoping someone who is skilled could import and modify the design as described above, so I could slice it using Cura and print out something that will work for me.

Any volunteers?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5579213

COdogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma TRD Pro
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I don’t have any 3D printing experience, but I was wondering are you using an attached arm like RAM or Tackform that connects to the ball? That’s what most use to raise it up if they want It higher. @RWerksman is the designer/ seller of those mounts. maybe he can offer some suggestions?

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-phone-ball-mount-pro.9269/page-2#post-227326
Thanks. I did tag @RWerksman in another thread a day or so, but haven’t heard back yet. Re extension arms, I did search Amazon and didn’t quite find anything that would work and not look like an abomination. Since I have a 3D printer, I thought a modified model would be best.

COdogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma TRD Pro
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Thanks. I did tag @RWerksman in another thread a day or so, but haven’t heard back yet. Re extension arms, I did search Amazon and didn’t quite find anything that would work and not look like an abomination. Since I have a 3D printer, I thought a modified model would be best.
Definitely understand that. I find the RAM mount arms to be huge and ugly, but I’ve used the Tackform arms on my last couple vehicles. They are slightly less offensive LOL.

ATX_R1S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 4runner
Hello all,

I downloaded and printed this mount for my MagSafe iPhone 14 pro, but the screen is blocked my the steering wheel as a MagSafe mount has the phone sitting too low.

I was going to use Fusion 360 to add a solid extender on top of the main body and then slide the ball and ball arm component up 2-2.5” higher on this newly added extender.

Well, I come to realize Fusion 360 learning curve would take too long to accomplish a simple model edit.

I was hoping someone who is skilled could import and modify the design as described above, so I could slice it using Cura and print out something that will work for me.

Any volunteers?

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5579213
Like this?

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 1.43.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 1.44.07 PM.png

lawmangm

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara
Occupation
Sales Director
BEFE973A-923A-4141-9F43-2A6E73439DD4.jpeg

I just installed the @riviparts 1” Pro and added a ball mount arm to it to raise the phone up. Looks great and keeps the phone at a nice level.

ATX_R1S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 4runner

ATX_R1S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 4runner
Many thanks!
Realized the ball isn't centered in the support. I can upload a new stl, but probably not until tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX
Occupation
IT
OP
OP
jebinc

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Realized the ball is centered in the support. I can upload a new stl, but probably not until tomorrow morning.
Just saw this; yes tomorrow is more than fine!