First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I let both service and my guide know about the issue. Have not heard back from my guide yet. As for the mobile tech there is no way they can do an alignment in my driveway but they are insistent about checking something. Almost wondering if there is a bigger issue that they are looking for examples of.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Conserve mode uses only the front motors and "unlocks" the rear ones. I can actually hear a click. That front tire wear may be because all the torque is only on the front tires. I normally use the general drive mode that is all wheel drive. But on the long trip I needed the conserve mode.

Will be rotating my tires as much as I can remember to do so. Also want to get a second set of wheels with street tires so I am not eating up the nice ATs as I am guessing they are expensive to replace!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model-Y, VW GTI, Holden Commodore (Chevy SS)
Occupation
Engineer, Business Owner, Sales Guy
I let both service and my guide know about the issue. Have not heard back from my guide yet. As for the mobile tech there is no way they can do an alignment in my driveway but they are insistent about checking something. Almost wondering if there is a bigger issue that they are looking for examples of.
Interesting, Fair warning, SD Service center has tried to get my truck aligned twice now and still does not have it right. I am curious to know what they end up inspecting. Please post back.

If you do get the rig aligned ask them for the before and after print-out and make sure they get everything dialed in close to center. So far they can only get my tuck in the boarder-line acceptable range per the alignment sheet and call it good. My truck still pulls to the right, the total toe is off 0.03 to the right on my last alignment sheet, that’s not much but the road crowns to the right most of the time so if anything you want to be a touch off to the left. I am going to ask for the alignment procedure so I can take it to a friend who has a alignment machine rated for tucks and we can dial it in, The adjustments look pretty straightforward.

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I had 2 guys from Rivian at my house this morning. They were initially going to check my trucks alignment here but decided they need to put it up on the alignment machine. So going to reschedule in a few weeks as I am not giving my truck up for multiple days right now.

3121 thanks for the heads up I will ask for the numbers before and after. Unfortunately you have not given me any reassurance on if my alignment will actually be fixed. The techs here this morning did mention because its so heavy that the alignment being off a little causes it to track pretty bad. At this point they owe me new tires anyways so I am not super concerned about eating them up.

sk05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
UX250H, Evo IX MR
I had 2 guys from Rivian at my house this morning. They were initially going to check my trucks alignment here but decided they need to put it up on the alignment machine. So going to reschedule in a few weeks as I am not giving my truck up for multiple days right now.

3121 thanks for the heads up I will ask for the numbers before and after. Unfortunately you have not given me any reassurance on if my alignment will actually be fixed. The techs here this morning did mention because its so heavy that the alignment being off a little causes it to track pretty bad. At this point they owe me new tires anyways so I am not super concerned about eating them up.
Any updates on this?

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Consultant
So ultimately I got 4 new tires replace the factory ones that were damaged. They did this under warranty. Continued to have tracking issues and that turned out that one of the brand new tires was faulty. They replaced that and all was good. I have about 11k on these tires now, due for a rotation and balance again. I am noticing a bit of shake in the steering again. I think the alignment is touchy on these trucks/tires.
Sponsored