3 years living in a Jeep

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I found this traveler's video description and explanation of his gear decisions an interesting watch as he lives full time in and on his modified Jeep. The mind meanders of course to how this would work, hopefully better, in a Rivian. The indoor sleeping comfort of the R1S immediately springs to mind, but the the convenience of the tunnel kitchen of the R1T probably outweighs it. My wife and I hope to do some overlanding type traveling, and since it'll likely just be the two of us, I am keen now to see how much room there might be in the back seat and what custom work might need to be done for that to be an alternative sleeping platform. Anyway, the video is worth a watch, and afterwards anyone's thoughts about application to either of the Rivians would be interesting.

3 YEARS LIVING IN A JEEP | TINY HOME TOUR - YouTube
Sponsored

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
My humble opinion:

I’ve appreciated Drew Simms’ photography work for some time. He’s got a great eye, has obviously worked hard and is living the idyllic overlanding life that anyone would want to emulate. But when I started looking up his gear a while ago (both on his Jeep and the equipment he uses such as his camera, his rooftop tent, etc.), I realized he has a few sponsorships. Sponsorships that help support/promote him. I try hard not to get caught up in what “stuff” people have/promote on their vlogs/Instagram especially when they have the stuff they do through sponsorships because that’s a slippery slope.

My point isn’t anything negative about Drew Simms but just to not get too caught up into his “style” where I rush out and buy a $5k rooftop tent or other gear he has so my setup can be the same as his.

I just want the Rivian.

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
I found this traveler's video description and explanation of his gear decisions an interesting watch as he lives full time in and on his modified Jeep. The mind meanders of course to how this would work, hopefully better, in a Rivian. The indoor sleeping comfort of the R1S immediately springs to mind, but the the convenience of the tunnel kitchen of the R1T probably outweighs it. My wife and I hope to do some overlanding type traveling, and since it'll likely just be the two of us, I am keen now to see how much room there might be in the back seat and what custom work might need to be done for that to be an alternative sleeping platform. Anyway, the video is worth a watch, and afterwards anyone's thoughts about application to either of the Rivians would be interesting.

3 YEARS LIVING IN A JEEP | TINY HOME TOUR - YouTube
Just saw this post. Watching the video before bed. I definitely have plans to do some major overloading in my R1T. Will digest it and discuss soon. Thanks for the thread!
Sponsored