Sponsored

28 fresh deliveries @ Costa Mesa SC

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Freshly trucked up from the Mira Loma train depot!

My other half and I decided to swing by the Costa Mesa SC to confirm our wheel, interior and paint choice. We wanted to see everything in person since the lot was rather bare during my First Mile drive in May. I never had a chance to see 4 finalists for our exterior color choice.

We lucked out today. The lot was full of fresh R1Tā€˜s sprinkled in with 3 R1S models. They are currently getting software updates and going through QC to check for transit damage. Congrats to all of the new owners!

I am glad we stopped by as the SC had virtually every color R1T on the lot. The bottom line is that I changed my original GW/OC configuration as soon as we returned home.

We both instantly gravitated towards Limestone with a Black Mountain interior. The interior has a grey tint to my eyes and looked fantastic. They had not received an OC interior yet. We both felt the OC interior will show dirt and stains way easier than a darker color. We also didnā€™t care for the new darker wood that Rivian is switching to.

Our new configuration: Limestone/Black Mountain/20ā€ AT black forged wheels/powered tonneau cover/spare/cargo cross bars/rubber mats.

For those of you who ordered the $2k Forest Edge interior you are going to be pleased. It looks completely different than the Rivian online configurator. Itā€™s more of a light olive color and looks fantastic in person.

I also purchased a MiiR 20 oz. Limestone drinking cup while we visited the small store inside. Cheersā€¦

Rivian R1T R1S 28 fresh deliveries @ Costa Mesa SC C9954FAB-21D7-4434-A12E-30AEDECA051E
Rivian R1T R1S 28 fresh deliveries @ Costa Mesa SC BBE01159-A967-4CC8-9074-A6741680E909

Rivian R1T R1S 28 fresh deliveries @ Costa Mesa SC B838E257-FBBE-4461-9436-CEEA0DB9CD5D
Sponsored

Last edited:

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Can't go wrong with the BM. Its really nice and the subtle contrast in materials, though dark, looks really great. I would definitely suggest windshield tint, I did it on my Model Y and it was a huge difference. Will be doing on every future vehicle with dark interior.

Currently renting a R1T on Turo to get some more hands on experience after the first drive and its hot in SoCal so I can feel the heat.

I think the limestone with the 20 inch dark wheels looks awesome, I like the GW too, but the limestone definitely has more character.

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I have driven white colored vehicles forever and thought I would shake things up on this vehicle purchase. The Limestone is still a light color so I went for it.

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

hope mines there..

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I did notice a fresh RB behind the fence.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

My other half and I decided to swing by the Costa Mesa SC to confirm our wheel, interior and paint choice. We wanted to see everything in person since the lot was rather bare during my First Mile drive in May. I never had a chance to see 4 finalists for our exterior color choice.

We lucked out today. The lot was full of fresh R1Tā€˜s sprinkled in with 3 R1S models. They are currently getting software updates and going through QC to check for transit damage. Congrats to all of the new owners!

I am glad we stopped by as the SC had virtually every color R1T on the lot. The bottom line is that I changed my original GW/OC configuration as soon as we returned home.

We both instantly gravitated towards Limestone with a Black Mountain interior. The interior has a grey tint to my eyes and looked fantastic. They had not received an OC interior yet. We both felt the OC interior will show dirt and stains way easier than a darker color. We also didnā€™t care for the new darker wood that Rivian is switching to.

Our new configuration will be Limestone/Black Mountain/20ā€ AT black forged wheels/powered tonneau cover/spare/cargo cross bars/rubber mats.

For those of you who ordered the $2k Forest Edge interior you are going to be pleased. It looks completely different than the Rivian online configuration. Itā€™s more of a light olive color and looks great in person.

I also purchased a MiiR 20 oz. Limestone drinking cup while we visited the small store inside. Cheersā€¦

C9954FAB-21D7-4434-A12E-30AEDECA051E.jpeg
BBE01159-A967-4CC8-9074-A6741680E909.jpeg

View attachment 30034
Awesome, now that you bought that Limestone drinking cup....you can't change the configuration.

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Yes, I am ā€locked inā€ after purchasing that Limestone drinking containeršŸ˜

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Our new configuration will be Limestone/Black Mountain/20ā€ AT black forged wheels/powered tonneau cover/spare/cargo cross bars/rubber mats.

For those of you who ordered the $2k Forest Edge interior you are going to be pleased. It looks completely different than the Rivian online configuration. Itā€™s more of a light olive color and looks great in person.

C9954FAB-21D7-4434-A12E-30AEDECA051E.jpeg
BBE01159-A967-4CC8-9074-A6741680E909.jpeg

View attachment 30034
Do u recall the 3 R1s colors ????

Rivian R1T R1S 28 fresh deliveries @ Costa Mesa SC Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 2.08.32 PM

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
One was being delivered while I was visiting. I do remember they were all darker colors if that helps.

Sponsored

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
Nice configuration. That's exactly what sitting in my driveway. I am surprised at how many Limestone R1T's I see on the road. More than I expected for sure.

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I have only seen one Limestone on the road so far. But when you buy a new vehicle you notice every model like yours on the road.

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

OP
OP
mini2nut

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I canā€™t remember. They were not 20ā€ black chrome like I configured.

Rivan

First Name
Rivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Lexus RX350, Toyota Tundra
Occupation
Eng
Clubs

i am wondering when did you order the limestone cup? i ordered mine as well but I donā€™t think itā€™s coming in any time soon ā€¦ waiting to be assigned a delivery date End of Summer lol
Sponsored