First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager

It may not be as smooth when aired down as 20” wheels but look at what these range rovers are able to achieve with simple road tires. Granted they are planned courses but still incredible and 95% more off road than any of us will ever do.
Sponsored

Sattman69

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘19 4Runner Limited, toytec lift & power brakes
Occupation
Consult/Project Manager
I’m thinking the same thing. I drove LR3 & LR4 for 10 years. I did Moab in my LR3 with road tires. Smooth rock and sand. But with rocky and rougher trails in my LR4 I had a set of AT’s and would swap out and keep my Pirelli Scorpion Zeros for city driving. Similar to the Rivian the LR’s could be a performance street machine AND an off-road, ice racing beast.

My config is currently 22’s but I’ll probably look for some after market 20’s w/ AT’s once I get the R1T. BTW, I had a set of Blizzaks I used for Ice racing in Georgetown and they were amazing compared to good AT’s. Felt like a snow machine.

I think the combination of GVW and traction control modes will be very adaptable. BTW, I hope Rivian will host customer off road events like Land Rover. Those were great to show the capability of the vehicles with techs and instructors.