Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

I don't think availability will be any worse than any other vehicle with an uncommon tire size. Pirelli distributors(like tire rack) will stock them, rivian's own mobile service people will keep them on hand.
Hope so
Sponsored

LaunchGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
I've had my Range Rover for 10 years - I bet I've looked at the wheels outside of checking for damage maybe twice. Do you all really notice them regularly?

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I am not a smart man. Help me understand why I'll get better range with the 20" AT (which is what I've configured.) I really don't understand the physics behind this. TIA!
To be blunt, you won't (in this instance), and shouldn't expect to.

Tons of factors impact your EV range. Lead amongst them is your tires (wheels and tires). Wheels (rims) impact it via size, weight, and aerodynamics. Tires due to tread design, rolling resistance, and weight (with a dash of aerodynamics added in, but it's pretty minor).

How wheels and tires impact EV
range

Now, that is not to say, "Get something you hate or find ugly to max out your range", because you shouldn't. Max range only comes into play when towing or doing long haul road trips. So unless you are driving 350-500 miles per day, or towing 100+ miles everyday... pick what you like and you will be fine (just don't freak out if your calculated range is less than the EPA rating).

Brian Goodwin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
Anyone found the bolt pattern and offset details yet for any of the stock wheels? Interesting to me that they are doing just a 5 lug, rather than typical truck 6 lug. My guess is they picked a standard wheel bolt pattern that already exists, perhaps 5x120?

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Anyone found the bolt pattern and offset details yet for any of the stock wheels? Interesting to me that they are doing just a 5 lug, rather than typical truck 6 lug. My guess is they picked a standard wheel bolt pattern that already exists, perhaps 5x120?
I believe it's 5x5.5"

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I did a search on the forum and found the below. Maybe reach out to CS now that production has begun, to confirm. Manufacturers will do anything to save a nickel... 4 nuts per car = $$$ in profit, which should be good for the IPO:)

Smithery said:
Wheel bolt pattern, from a chat with Justin just now:

> All Rivian vehicles use the same bolt pattern, (5x5.5) and swapping the tires will not be an issue.

Brian Goodwin

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Six Miatas, Fiat 124, Dakota V8, Ridgeline
Occupation
Fun Car Parts
Very good, 5x5.5. Thanks!

Was just thinking I could start with what is included and add something fun later to customize the look.

Did anyone spot OFFSET data? Curious if all the factory wheels are same offset, or if the 22 inch perhaps has more aggressive offset.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I said outside of looking for damage. You look at them regularly for aesthetic purposes?
Reading is hard, mb.
No, personally I do not look at them a lot for aesthetic purposes BUT that is because they look good. If they looked cheap or "not right" for the vehicle, then I would probably look at them more often with a sad face.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
I could almost go with the 21s without the aero covers, despite it still not being my favorite look. But there are still no snow tires available for that size rim, so nope. Sticking with the 20s and probably putting 275/60R20 low rolling resistance tires on for my daily driver. Will ride the AT tires as winter tires until I wear them out, then go to regular snow tires.
Sponsored