Sponsored

SRTConvert

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lincoln Navigator L
Thanks for the clarification. I hope to be able to see them in person. I'm inclined to go with the 20's, but the 21's range benefit is attractive.
Sponsored

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks for the clarification. I hope to be able to see them in person. I'm inclined to go with the 20's, but the 21's range benefit is attractive.
I'd say at this point I am 80/20 20 vs 21. I ultimately want the 20s (actually want the AT tires more than I care about size, but we all know about limitations in the tire availability), but depending on tax implications and such I could see myself sticking with the 21s. The look of the 21s are growing on me for sure though, especially with the inserts removed.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have a full profile shot of R1T on 21” wheels with inserts removed. I’ve seen one tire at a time, but not the whole truck….Google wasn’t much help

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
That's pretty cool to know you can take those covers off cause like most folks, I think they look hideous. Thanks for sharing this.

I'm hesitant though because of the fact that the 21' tires are "custom". Rivian will be the only vehicle in the world with this particular tire size, per CS. That might be a nightmare when comes time to replace both finding it and the cost.
Expensive is correct. Replacement 21” tires will run you roughly $415 each!

Owners are not available to cross shop that tire size because Pirelli is currently the only brand that makes that size.

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Expensive is correct. Replacement 21” tires will run you roughly $415 each!

Owners are not available to cross that tire size because Pirelli is currently the only brand that makes that size.
kinda wish they had aero covers for the 20s too. for long road trips, would be nice to be able to slap those on to get a little extra range.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
kinda wish they had aero covers for the 20s too. for long road trips, would be nice to be able to slap those on to get a little extra range.
They may not help enough to be worthwhile. Rivian did test aero covers on the 20” wheels and ultimately decided not to offer them.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone have a full profile shot of R1T on 21” wheels with inserts removed. I’ve seen one tire at a time, but not the whole truck….Google wasn’t much help
Had this saved from a while ago. Not sure where I found it.

Rivian R1T R1S 21" wheel aero inserts are designed to be removable - confirmed by Rivian Customer Service! IMG_2749.PNG

It does look like the center cap could be removed from the insert and installed in the wheel (hopefully).