Sponsored

21" to 20" wheels switch -- never-ending drama

josephponline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I’ve got a loaner right now with the 22” Sport Brights. What an amazing difference in ride quality from the 20” AT’s (at least on nice smooth roads). It’s definitely making me curious to swap sets for winter/summer though will wait until the software makes it easy to change the calibration. For this who are already doing so, why the switch from 20/21. The 22’s look amazing and really change the handling of the truck so if you go through the effort, the 20/22 swap seems to be the ultimate setup.
+1

My truck came with 20s which I planned to convert to a dedicated winter setup using the Nokian LT3 once I got my dedicated summer setup installed being the 22 brights which has just happened … the change to ride quality from the ATs was more significant than I’d expected … like buttery smooth.

The service center ran into problems trying to update the firmware to reflect the 22 install and wanted to send a mobile tech … I don’t plan to do that update until it’s user configurable.

Switching between summer and winter is common here in CO and from my understanding it’s the 20s with the bigger overall wheel circumference that drives the ‘need’ for an update tweaking the suspension for the wheel size (I can only think maybe rubbing at the front on full lock and low) plus of course update to speedometer, range and UI aesthetics. Since my base configuration is the 20 I’ll forgo the firmware complications and change my wheels with the seasons and without the hassle.
Sponsored

adst24

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Occupation
physician
My R1T is coming with the 21" tires. Are there any after market 21" wheels and tires that work?

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

My R1T is coming with the 21" tires. Are there any after market 21" wheels and tires that work?

rumor of a protentional Michelin tire in the future (search on here). But otherwise, no.

adst24

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t
Occupation
physician
rumor of a protentional Michelin tire in the future (search on here). But otherwise, no.
Looks like thats still all season rather than specific Winter (if its coming at all) or am I wrong?

Does anyone have experience of after market rims and winter tires?

Lizardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Clubs

Looks like thats still all season rather than specific Winter (if its coming at all) or am I wrong?

Does anyone have experience of after market rims and winter tires?
All season.

Not heard/read of anything else
Sponsored