Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

I can attest to the 21’s gobbling up little pieces of gravel in their tread. Kind of drives me nuts. But I am impressed at the Efficiency I’m getting in these.
Sponsored

BluAussie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S
I took my truck out one week after getting it for a little off-roading and as soon as we came back on to pavement the tire pressure sensor alerted me of low pressure. Got out to check and there was a bolt that punctured the tire. Not having my spare yet. I was able to seal it with the provided tire sealant. It was nerve-wracking letting all the air out to perform the procedure but the air compressor seemed to do its job. However, it would stop filling air when it got to about 42 PSI which is below the 48 recommendation.
Rivian R1T R1S 21" tires capabilities PXL_20220828_184652474

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Clubs

No personal experience but have a look at what Sandy Munroe did with the road tires on an off road course. I was going to go with the a/t tires but after seeing what the 21s can do, I can’t imagining needing more tire. I think I’d rather have the additional range. I’ll just make sure to carry a spare since the 21s will be harder to source.
I have never done any off-roading. Not intentionally anyway. Please excuse the noob question. How much do you think Sandy aired down those tires?

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I have never done any off-roading. Not intentionally anyway. Please excuse the noob question. How much do you think Sandy aired down those tires?
No idea if he even bothered. Enough by the looks of it.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Clubs

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Rivian R1T R1S 21" tires capabilities Screenshot_20220910-084605

From consumer reports. Their main complaint with these tires is "fair" ice braking

Redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

If I was getting the R1T, I might suck it up and get the 20's because I like the look. On my R1S, I'm sticking with 21's although I love the look of the dark 22's. The guy at the local SC told me on my test drive that 21s on the R1S are seeing 350 mile range. That's really hard to pass up.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
If I was getting the R1T, I might suck it up and get the 20's because I like the look. On my R1S, I'm sticking with 21's although I love the look of the dark 22's. The guy at the local SC told me on my test drive that 21s on the R1S are seeing 350 mile range. That's really hard to pass up.
I ordered my R1T with the 20s because I’m assuming at some point there will be a 20” EV “eco” tire available I could throw on in the summer for road trips, then switch back to the ATs in the winter.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I have the 21” road tires and happened to take my truck on the beach for a afternoon of fun. Well..in sand the 21 road tire package was okay…I only got stuck once but after airing down I was able to maneuver with them. I have a set of Variant wheels and I will definitely throw on AT tires as soon as I can after this experience. I don’t think the 21” will work for me on other adventures.
Thank you. Dumb question: Did you air down before you got stuck, and then air down more to get out? Or did you simply not air down until stuck?

I beach drive, and always air down. if didn't air down before being stuck, it would actually make me feel better about the 21s on sand.

Sponsored

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Gambler
Thank you. Dumb question: Did you air down before you got stuck, and then air down more to get out? Or did you simply not air down until stuck?

I beach drive, and always air down. if didn't air down before being stuck, it would actually make me feel better about the 21s on sand.
Not a dumb question, I didn’t air down prior to getting stuck. I tried to stay in the packed down sand but ventured into some thicker stuff only to get stuck and no traction. I’m use to going on the beach with mud or all terrain tires so I kind of didn’t even think about the lack of them until I got stuck.

usofrob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3, lotus Elise
Occupation
MBSE