First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Agreed, it is pretty stupid to build it in a configuration that 100% will no be produced.

I don't think Roman or Andre knew that during the video review?
Not surprising. A RAM rep could have explained it to them immediately before they started recording and they still would have gotten at least half of it wrong :CWL:
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Not surprising. A RAM rep could have explained it to them immediately before they started recording and they still would have gotten at least half of it wrong :CWL:
IDK the timing between when the TFL video was filmed and the MT article, but the video was only posted 18hrs ago.. so RAM had time let them know those crazy doors were only for the show truck. I do find it interesting that those "only for the show truck" doors were also in the official RAM video too? Could be that the doors were actually intended for the production truck, but RAM has already received so much negative feedback that they are now claiming they're "only for the show truck".. .yeah, that's the ticket.. they're only for the show truck... ;)

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
With the Element you would have both open to grab whatever it was you needed from behind the drivers seat. Then, to get out of the door trap you were standing in you would slightly close the front door to walk out of there only for the rear door to close on the front door, probably denting it in the process. Eventually I just used the rear hatch for everything🤦🏼‍♂️
I shall see your door trap, and raise you with the seatbelt attachments. I just had collarbone surgery, and while I had the driver’s door open, my wife went to get something out of the back and yanked the rear door open. This of course cranked on my freshly-repaired clavicle. I unbuckled my belt, dropped the key at her feet, and walked away. (this was yesterday afternoon)

Yep. Another "looks cool, bloody useless" idea. Great if you live in the great outdoors and never park in a garage with a rear seat passenger.
Finally figured it out. My daughter was studying in London last semester, and I went over to visit and help her get settled for a few days in Sept. i3s were everywhere. Street parking is where this car shines. Which makes perfect sense in dense metros where street parking is normal. Kind of slow on the uptake, since I lived in San Francisco forever, but alas.

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
That interior space though, is incredible! I had mentioned a while back that as cool as our gear tunnel is, I would have gladly sacrificed it if they could have utilized it for more interior space. Looks like Dodge did exactly that. Moved the rear window back just a little and made the space available to the interior.
Yep. The current RAM 1500 is < 3 inches longer than an R1T when you account for the bed length difference but if feels so much more spacious, especially in the back seat, where you can recline the ventilated back seats.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
IDK the timing between when the TFL video was filmed and the MT article, but the video was only posted 18hrs ago.. so RAM had time let them know those crazy doors were only for the show truck. I do find it interesting that those "only for the show truck" doors were also in the official RAM video too? Could be that the doors were actually intended for the production truck, but RAM has already received so much negative feedback that they are now claiming they're "only for the show truck".. .yeah, that's the ticket.. they're only for the show truck... ;)
This truck could turn out to be pretty good. But they really are doing everything they can to botch this “reveal”. Rivian has plenty of their own issues, but one thing I really liked about them from the start was how their “concept” vehicle and their production vehicle were so similar.

I hate this game carmakers play. Honda/ Sony just did it too. They watered down their concept car to the point it is FUGLY and added a horrible brand name to further deter anyone who would have considered it LOL
https://jalopnik.com/introducing-afeela-sony-and-hondas-name-for-a-car-1849952846

Sponsored

R1TFTW

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Some parts I love, some, not so much. Not loving the way the bed connects to the cab on the side and the thick dividing line between the two.

The suicide doors for a truck that they'll want to appeal to the masses, is just a bad idea. Pretty certain that won't make it to production. Hopefully can clean up the bed to cab lines to make them more invisible.

It looks very long, so that could knock out many of the "life style" truck buyers?

The front and from the rear of the cab forward looks pretty cool though.

And just noticed the lack of an instrument cluster behind the steering wheel. Sorry, that's a deal breaker for me. Had a Model 3 for a very short time. Hated it. The Cybertruck is off my list for the same reason. Pain in the arse having to look over to your right for things that should be just below your line of sight.

As cool as it looks, won't be on my shopping list.

As I look more, seems like they chopped out space out of the bed with the straight walls too, which are well inward from the bed fenders. Seems like a lot of lost bed space. Again, can't imagine that being appealing to those that need an actual truck for truck purposes.

That interior space though, is incredible! I had mentioned a while back that as cool as our gear tunnel is, I would have gladly sacrificed it if they could have utilized it for more interior space. Looks like Dodge did exactly that. Moved the rear window back just a little and made the space available to the interior.
lack of instrument cluster? How about a gear shifter? I think that is the biggest miss I noticed… haha

LLJJ

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500, Tahoe ltz, Bmw m3, 2 gem lsv’s
Occupation
Real estate
Ya this is quite the embarasment for a major manufacturer to in 2023 be showing a CGI truck with all sorts of concept car gimmicks as a "reveal".

At least with the cyber truck, something actually drove onstage.
They did have the truck on stage. Sounds like they have 2 of these concept trucks built.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I shall see your door trap, and raise you with the seatbelt attachments. I just had collarbone surgery, and while I had the driver’s door open, my wife went to get something out of the back and yanked the rear door open. This of course cranked on my freshly-repaired clavicle. I unbuckled my belt, dropped the key at her feet, and walked away. (this was yesterday afternoon)
OMG I forgot about those! I wish you a quick recovery. Maybe consider moving to a hotel for a few weeks until your bones are healed and you can handle the abuse at home?

Utecitec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3
Honestly, aside from the gimiks like the doors and projector which wont make it into production it's a pretty cool truck. If it actually makes it to production with most of the more realistic features it'll be a tempting offer.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
I'm getting tired of manufacturers putting out the "official concept" cars while they stall to get the real version out. I will be excited to see a real RAM EV, but not sure that interior will look anything like this. There are a lot of well thought out options on this that will be cool if they survive.

But the center console panels looking like 2 tacked on iPad Pros is a really really bad look on a concept vehicle.

Sponsored

popoga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG R1T, '18 Impreza, '10 Triumph Bonneville
Occupation
Potato Farmer
Clubs

truck opinion
👍

ebarke

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
why does this matter?
Occupation
software engineer
I would like see Rivian with the extended bed concept, it's nice to have a short bed to keep the truck small when 99% of the time you don't need that length, but when you do want extra bed length, you can just extend it....that's really cool, but in reality, this truck will be lucky to see the light of day in it's most basic form in 2026 at the earliest!

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Ram sure does like to make announcements about things that don’t matter. How about some actual details and photos of a production version? :facepalm:
Sponsored