Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, GLE 350, CBR 600RR
Occupation
Marketing Director
Clubs

Does anybody have any insight on when the 2024 models will start to roll out?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FormulaR1T

FormulaR1T

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, GLE 350, CBR 600RR
Occupation
Marketing Director
Clubs

Yes, in 2024 :)
Most car models come out the year prior, this article states second half of 2023…..https://2020pickuptrucks.com/2024-rivian-r1t/ just curious if anybody knew any more information

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

No info on this at all. Companies like Rivian and Tesla won't follow the traditional method of having next years model in the fall of the prior year. They will make 24s most likely in January. Will there be changes, who knows. Could the dual motor max pack be a 24 sure but could be a 23 too. Sorry but no one knows, including the website you referenced.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired
two new colours is about it so far.

Sponsored

dilmorecg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '19 Raptor, '15 Porsche 911 GTS
Generally car companies start rolling out the next model year about half way through the current year. I dont think Rivian did that this last year and I dont expect them to for 2024. They are rolling out updates and options more fluidly than older car companies so they may keep doing that for a few years.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I think that this vehicle model year thing is currently in a state of flux. The major manufacturers stated releasing the next model years vehicle in the fall of the current back in the 1930's to create hype and promote sales.

I am a lifelong Ford Model A aficionado. In the 1920's the model year of a new vehicle was determined by when it was registered with the state. There were no VIN's as we know it today. A vehicle was identified by its engine serial number.

For instance, I had a Ford Model A Cabriolet that was registered and titled as a 1931. It was manufactured in November, 1930, but not purchased until February, 1931. This vehicle was a 1930 by features, but a 1931 by registration.

There needs to be a system of a firm date in which the model year changes that is adhered to by all of the manufacturers.

Brian

Sponsored

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
Providing continuous OTA updates and minor changes/reconfiguration seems like the model for EV only manufacturers like Rivian. Model year doesn't seem important. I suspect major updates like drivetrain and even minor ones like color will just happen when they are ready.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Rivian has already demonstrated a tesla style build process. Something needs to change? Change it! The model year delineation is more for a person looking to resell.

A 2023 built in January vs a 2023 built in May already have two major differences, the front sub frame was changed to a cast piece, and the sound system moved to an in house offering.

Expect more iterative changes though the model year. The biggest differentiator will be a styling change which likely won't come until 2028 or beyond if I remember correctly from the S1 filing?

240vPlug

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

It varies. Some relase next year models as early as the summer of the previous year. The majority don't switch over until September or later of the previous year.
Sponsored