Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Congrats! Wonderful looking SUV! I do like the colour combo. Very smart!
Sponsored

novar1sguy

First Name
venkat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Congratulations. It's a beauty. Enjoy the ride.

DadDawg814

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Medicine
Clubs

Congrats!! El Cap ordered as well. It seems the color looks different depending upon the camera and angle. Hoping to see one in person soon (torn between El Cap and Glacier White). Debating whether to change delivery address to Cleveland or NYC to see if delivery window moves up.

OP
OP

Picard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, X5 45E
Honestly, you can't go wrong with GW. I saw it at the delivery center and it looks sharp. The contrast between the dark trim and GW body makes it look nice under all lighting conditions. Keeping it clean, well that's another story. I am not one of those folks that meticulously cleans and maintains so I felt GW (and MB) would be too much for me.

You should start seeing a lot more Rivians on the road these days. Better yet, just find a reason to make a trip to a one of the existing delivery centers closest to you and check all the color combos out. They are quite unique and different so it's hard to do them justice with pictures.

Joe schmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
I had the same issue with the rear interior lights on the way home (almost 800 miles, much of it at night).

We diagnosed the issue as inadvertent touching of the rear screen. We were using the 120v outlet behind the console, as well as the USB-C outlets there, and also had snacks on the floor on front of the middle row. Eventually we realized the we were touching the rear screen while reaching for things from the front seat.

The symptom has not recurred since we became aware of it.

Sponsored

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I had the same issue with the rear interior lights on the way home (almost 800 miles, much of it at night).

We diagnosed the issue as inadvertent touching of the rear screen. We were using the 120v outlet behind the console, as well as the USB-C outlets there, and also had snacks on the floor on front of the middle row. Eventually we realized the we were touching the rear screen while reaching for things from the front seat.

The symptom has not recurred since we became aware of it.
We had this too…lights would come off and on while driving and we finally realized it was our dog hitting the screen 😂

Rivncoaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Same here with the cabin lights randomly turning on/off. Now I lock the rear screen. Tip: You can ask Alexa to turn on/off cabin lights.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I finally took delivery of our R1S and its worth the wait. My turn to contribute to this community that has kept me educated, engaged and entertained for these past 28+ months.

Cliff notes:
- Ordered Nov. '20, picked up Mar 30, '23 at Richmond VA. EL Cap/OC/22" Launch edition Vin 67XX. Build date in 03/23.
- No 12V in frunk, No 12V under the main screen, Rivian audio (no Meridian badging)
- reverse light fix applied (this one is weird :))

Positives:
1. For those of you that were worried about the negative reviews about stiff ride, porpoising, etc., STOP WORRYING. Its good. We drove primarily in All purpose, soft and standard ht and it felt great. Mostly highway but we did have to go through construction zones and it was very comfortable. I would say, compared to the X5, you feel the road more but in a good way. That said, when you do switch it to Sport and Stiff, the characteristics do become very different and a tad harsh (but boy, what fun it is). But then again, if you have family in the car, I would leave it at all purpose, standard and enjoy
2. Sound system is fantastic. I cannot compare to the Meridian branded one but I have no complaints. Crystal clear and we tried different music genres through Spotify and it all sounded great.
3.OC is beautiful. Its a white with a gray tone that looks very classy from my point of view. It gives the cabin a very airy feel. So those of you on the fence about OC - go for it!

PXL_20230331_132015623.jpg
PXL_20230331_132126416.jpg
PXL_20230331_132223308.jpg

Not so great:

- Some panel alignment issues that will need a service visit (or mobile tech)
- PAAK is not working for me but it could be user error. Need more time to sort this one out
- Weird issue with interior lights. As we were driving, the interior lights (minus the front ones) would turn on. This seems to be correlated to passenger seat movement or seat belt pull... Not really sure what. I will have to see if I can find a pattern to this. But this is annoying because the only way to turn the lights off is through fiddling with the main center screen
- motor whine and wind noise are a bit loud compared to the X5 (in electric mode)

PXL_20230331_134046032.jpg
PXL_20230331_134055584.jpg
PXL_20230331_134114217.jpg

All in all - satisfied with the purchase. Now I just need to find some adventures to go on and see what I can do to make my lifestyle match the vehicle I just got :)
Good stuff! What was VIN range? asking because I had a 3000s 2022 and while I had some gap issues I don't think they were this large, though admittedly the major one was the tailgate like yours (again I think smaller).

Love the OC. We ordered that but I just couldn't wait as I wanted to see what it was like in the winter. Very happy with Black mountain.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Same here with the cabin lights randomly turning on/off. Now I lock the rear screen. Tip: You can ask Alexa to turn on/off cabin lights.
great tip

Kward

First Name
Katherine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s
Occupation
Retired
I finally took delivery of our R1S and its worth the wait. My turn to contribute to this community that has kept me educated, engaged and entertained for these past 28+ months.

Cliff notes:
- Ordered Nov. '20, picked up Mar 30, '23 at Richmond VA. EL Cap/OC/22" Launch edition Vin 67XX. Build date in 03/23.
- No 12V in frunk, No 12V under the main screen, Rivian audio (no Meridian badging)

Positives:
1. For those of you that were worried about the negative reviews about stiff ride, porpoising, etc., STOP WORRYING. Its good. We drove primarily in All purpose, soft and standard ht and it felt great. Mostly highway but we did have to go through construction zones and it was very comfortable. I would say, compared to the X5, you feel the road more but in a good way. That said, when you do switch it to Sport and Stiff, the characteristics do become very different and a tad harsh (but boy, what fun it is). But then again, if you have family in the car, I would leave it at all purpose, standard and enjoy
2. Sound system is fantastic. I cannot compare to the Meridian branded one but I have no complaints. Crystal clear and we tried different music genres through Spotify and it all sounded great.
3.OC is beautiful. Its a white with a gray tone that looks very classy from my point of view. It gives the cabin a very airy feel. So those of you on the fence about OC - go for it!

Not so great:

- PAAK is not working for me but it could be user error. Need more time to sort this one out
- Weird issue with interior lights. As we were driving, the interior lights (minus the front ones) would turn on. This seems to be correlated to passenger seat movement or seat belt pull... Not really sure what. I will have to see if I can find a pattern to this. But this is annoying because the only way to turn the lights off is through fiddling with the main center screen
- motor whine and wind noise are a bit loud compared to the X5 (in electric mode)

All in all - satisfied with the purchase. Now I just need to find some adventures to go on and see what I can do to make my lifestyle match the vehicle I just got :)

Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Very nice! IMO the R1S looks best in el cap. First one I've seen with OC

Nucleod

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, MachE, RAM2500, HD Pan American,,,
Occupation
Systems Engineer, USN Retired
Clubs

Cliff notes:

Positives:

Not so great:

Still partial to our Rivian Blue LE, but you've got one gorgeous combo here! Had Belle for just over two months, no serious complaints ans I haven't stopped grinning. Definitely the most all around fun to drive 4 wheel vehicle I have piloted on or off road.

Cliff notes:

Positives:

Not so great:

Still partial to our Rivian Blue/BM LE but I have to admit you've got one gorgeous combination here!
Been driving Belle for two months and haven't stopped grinning yet. Best all around, and most fun vehicle this lifelong gearhead has ever owned. I too am searching for trails worthy of it's offroad prowess. I'm pretty sure it will get me (and six fiends) places my ADV motorcycle cannot.

MNLanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S, 2016 Jeep Cherokee, 1989 MB 560SL
Congrats on the new vehicle. Agree that's a great color combo. I have El Cap with the black interior and love it. Enjoy!

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Congrats, neighbor! What a beautiful color combination. I have been wondering what El Cap and OC would look like and you've reaffirmed how great a combination is.

I have yet to see an R1S in the WMA (I've seen several R1Ts) so hopefully will catch a glimpse of your new beautiful ride sometime soon (not s00n!)
The RVA SC folks are a friendly bunch, if you live/work in WMA, just drive down sometime and take a gander. While picking up the T from service, they let me see, touch (and could have driven as I have a reservation in for one as well), and play around a bit in an S that they use for "demos". You can call them via the toll free number before hand. Good bunch of folk.

indophat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Clubs

Congratulation's ! I just got mine as well and I agree with your sentiments ! Nice combo !
Sponsored