First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Odd Error: "Battery not warm" has been blocking install for three days (It's currently 80F outside)
Did you try a vehicle reboot?
Press and hold left steering wheel button and Hazard button for 15 seconds to cause reboot.
Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Regarding the fob update this is from Wassym on Reddit:

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.6.2 OTA Update Released to Public 3ACDCA02-E70C-40E7-B52E-96EEBD48E3AE

BobinIndy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T, '54 Jaguar XK120
Occupation
Program Manager - Consumer Electronics/Mfg.
Clubs

Below is the email I sent Rivian Support earlier today after a phone call w/them, they also requested a close up photo of the fob internals/numbers with the back off and battery removed:

Fob Issues... since the vehicle was delivered, not just after the last SW update.

My Fob does actually function to lock/unlock the doors and Frunk and tailgate. However, the truck is requesting to "Set Up Fob" by pressing the Frunk and tailgate Fob buttons together for 2 seconds.. That fails... as it has since I received the vehicle on Jan 20th 2023.

Since the Fob was actually working to lock/unlock the vehicle it didn't really matter that the "set up fob" never worked earlier on since proximity locking via the fob was never enabled. Now that Proximity locking/unlocking is enabled via the last software update mine doesn't work w/the Fob because the vehicle still wants me to "Set Up the Fob" which always fails.

Things I have tried/done:

"Deactivated" the Fob via the phone app then "assigned" it to the truck again.

Full hard reboot of the vehicle (hazard + left steering wheel button).

Removed Fob battery and checked for voltage.. it read 3.01 Volts which is 100% fully charge for that type of battery.

Note: on the phone app, it shows a Fob assigned to my vehicle as well as "Active"... but the ID field is blank?
I have this exact same issue… was going to contact them in the next day or two.

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)
Anyone has had problems with Upgrade not installing?
I've done a hard reboot and tried multiple times to install and it seems to work on it for half hour or more and then no error message and back to old version.

As I re-enter the R1T I saw something about the 12V battery too low to upgrade for a few minutes and then it says OK to install.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I have this exact same issue… was going to contact them in the next day or two.
They were able to reset the pairing remotely, but it still wouldn't finish the setup process so I kept moving the fob around the cab and pressing the two fob buttons at various locations- when I held the fob almost directly over my head up against the glass roof the setup suddenly captured the fob and the setup completed.
Now my key proximity actually works :D

Last edited:

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I've done a hard reboot and tried multiple times to install and it seems to work on it for half hour or more and then no error message and back to old version.

As I re-enter the R1T I saw something about the 12V battery too low to upgrade for a few minutes and then it says OK to install.
I would call into service. With people getting bricked trucks due to 12V issues on this update (at least 2-3 reports on this forum) I'd worry about those combination of problems.

Rivian on a Rampage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, GMC Sierra, Ford 555, 29 Ford tudor
I would call into service. With people getting bricked trucks due to 12V issues on this update (at least 2-3 reports on this forum) I'd worry about those combination of problems.
All updates previously have been great. Updated last night, drove this morning and truck now has no power. Might have to go on a flat bed tomorrow:crying:.

rivmok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS3, Jeep Wrangler
Clubs

I've had no issues with PaaK until this update, now the app is slow to unlock and wont allow me to drive. Keeps asking to present a key. The fob works fine though.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I tried to update twice, both times it failed. Got into the truck and saw the 12v warning.

Were you able to get it to update? I'm in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to wait till I'm back in Chicago before trying again.

mmdavis174

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I tried to update twice, both times it failed. Got into the truck and saw the 12v warning.

Were you able to get it to update? I'm in the middle of nowhere, I'm going to wait till I'm back in Chicago before trying again.
I have this problem as well. Called in and opened a ticket over the weekend. Haven't heard back yet.

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I am surprised we haven't seen a hot fix of the 12v death issue so many are experiencing. Knock on wood...mine still is working...

fbitz777

First Name
francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T 2017MX; 2022 Ioniq5 (2)

The update option disappeared after it failed about 7 times.
So maybe they stopped pushing it to my truck.

Fencer

First Name
Vlad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
govt
The update option disappeared after it failed about 7 times.
So maybe they stopped pushing it to my truck.

The same here. I tried 5 times without any luck. It's not available any more.

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
I noticed last night that since the update my charging schedule no longer recognizes being at home. Gear guard and proximity locks do, I have them both off at home...not charging schedule for some reason.