Sponsored
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Just updated to 2023.6.2 and received the message that the update "Installed with errors. Service support will reach out soon." I did a reboot to no avail.

After calling support they said they may try to re-send the update to my R1T otherwise I may need to schedule a service. After the call with support my screens went black and won't turn on.

Hopefully, it is Rivian support doing something on their end. I am going to let it sit for a couple of hours to see if things revert to normal before calling to report the loss of my screens.
Sponsored

WSea

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
Occupation
Architect
Just got mine! Finally. Longest I've had to wait

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
They got back with me and mentioned that it can be addressed with a service visit to the SC. I already have one scheduled for next month (swapping to 20’s) so I’ll just take care of it then. But if you live close to a SC (mine is 3 hours away), they said it’s a quick drop-in visit (call ahead).
Strangely, I got another call from Rivian Support today. They mentioned that they pushed something to my truck and asked me to go try it again.

The first time I entered the truck, the screen mentioned that my phone would need to be set up as a key. This was highly unexpected, as my iPhone was already setup as a key (and still works just fine). Regardless, I went and looked at the key tab under Settings again and noticed that my fob no longer had the "Setup" action available. Intrigued, I decided to check the Access tab, and sure enough the fob was now listed as a proximity-enabled key.

I left the vehicle and tested both my phone and the fob independently. Both seemed to work fine with proximity lock and unlock. At this point I assumed everything was working "as intended" and left the vehicle for a few hours.

Later, I went back to the vehicle and saw the notice for an update to my fob. I tried to install the update (under Vehicle > Updates) but it was unsuccessful. I called Rivian Support to let them know of my recent experiences. They asked me to perform a full restart, send them additional photos of my fob internals (identify numbers), and then for a diagnostic capture.

This is basically where we stand right now. Everything seems to be fine, but given the "update is available for your fob" still outstanding, I'm planning to continue diagnosing the issue with support. Will send updates when I have them...

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I'm installing 202.06.03 right now (3/6/23 @ 7:30PM EST) Hopefully the .03 has all the kinks worked out.

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Just got update 2023.06.02 notice while sitting in the truck @12:24 pst
Update…this was my 1st update since taking possession 1 1/2 weeks ago. Update was successful. Looks like I went from 2023.02.03 to 2023.06.02
I’m guessing 2023.06.00 was bundled together.
I did get a single popup alert asking if I wanted to update the key fob, entered yes, then pop up disappeared and nothing appeared to happen.
Checked for updates again, and no updates.
No post-update test drive issues noticed.

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.6.2 OTA Update Released to Public 5DCBB1D9-4F0C-4AE5-9EFC-DC0596D92165

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Clubs

Just updated to 2023.6.2 and received the message that the update "Installed with errors. Service support will reach out soon." I did a reboot to no avail.

After calling support they said they may try to re-send the update to my R1T otherwise I may need to schedule a service. After the call with support my screens went black and won't turn on.

Hopefully, it is Rivian support doing something on their end. I am going to let it sit for a couple of hours to see if things revert to normal before calling to report the loss of my screens.
Just to update others. I received a text message this evening from Rivian Support indicating that they were pushing the update to my R1T again and recommended that I connect to WiFi to install it. I did as they suggested and all appears to be fine after the 2nd attempt. Glad they were so responsive.

Sponsored

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Just received update notification.

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just got my update, but I can’t get the key fob to update. It tells me to hold down the hood+tail gate buttons for 2 seconds to pair but nothing happens.

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
Anyone else experiencing longer transitions between screens in this update. For instance I’ll be on the vehicle settings page, hit the nav page button and everything will go black for 2 seconds before transitioning. It happens frequently. Never more than 2 seconds. But annoying.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
Anyone else experiencing longer transitions between screens in this update. For instance I’ll be on the vehicle settings page, hit the nav page button and everything will go black for 2 seconds before transitioning. It happens frequently. Never more than 2 seconds. But annoying.
I have not experienced UI lags. Everything seems to be operating normally post-update.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I've had this with some of the previous releases and just a few days ago had it moving to one screen just the other day on the newest release.
In the past I had rebooted infotainment and it would help some until the memory leak may have come back.
I haven't tried to do that yet on this one as it was only a single screen and I don't recall which and haven't seen it just yet.
Sponsored