First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Volvo, expedition
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone else notice after the update that the ACC seems to grab the breaks much harder as it transitions to hold? Manually, it still works great, just using ACC in stop and go is much less smooth as it transitions to hold.
Sponsored

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
My truck seems to be performance throttling for much longer as the truck warms up than before. Driving around yesterday morning I had been driving for about 10 minutes and I went to floor it and the throttle performance limited to about 65% and then went back to full power after about a minute. Battery was at about 35% which seemed early for performance throttling. I definitely had that experience prior to this update after 8 months of ownership.

Later in the day I had plugged in the car for a couple hours and was back up to 48% and went for a drive and I had no regen. The system should have been warm from the charging. It took about 10 minutes to get regen back. I expect the regen to limit a little bit when the car is warming up but this was the first time Iā€™d experienced 0 regen out the gate, And never after actively charging for a while.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems ironic since Iā€™m pretty sure the change log said something about fixing performance throttling in the cold. Iā€™m thinking of going back a versionā€¦

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner
My truck seems to be performance throttling for much longer as the truck warms up than before. Driving around yesterday morning I had been driving for about 10 minutes and I went to floor it and the throttle performance limited to about 65% and then went back to full power after about a minute. Battery was at about 35% which seemed early for performance throttling. I definitely had that experience prior to this update after 8 months of ownership.

Later in the day I had plugged in the car for a couple hours and was back up to 48% and went for a drive and I had no regen. The system should have been warm from the charging. It took about 10 minutes to get regen back. I expect the regen to limit a little bit when the car is warming up but this was the first time Iā€™d experienced 0 regen out the gate, And never after actively charging for a while.

Has anyone else experienced this? It seems ironic since Iā€™m pretty sure the change log said something about fixing performance throttling in the cold. Iā€™m thinking of going back a versionā€¦
Iā€™m still on 2023.2.3, latest update not available to me yet.

I am experiencing EXACTLY what you are since the previous update a few weeks back. Throttled acceleration performance starting around 50% SOC and less, random reduced regen when the battery should be in peak operating temps that last throughout the entire driveā€¦ and then sometimes all is nominal and I have full regen and violent acceleration as I should have. Very different operation and predictability than before 2023.2.3. Vote me in for this one.

Sponsored

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

sounds like something goofy going on with the "update fob". But, seems that if the message disappears, then the proximity feature works. Mine failed to update 3 times, but the message disappeared and both fobs unlock the truck on approach and lock it when leaving, so that's all I want from it. Assuming the fob is updated as much as it needs to be since it's working. Not going to worry about it. If there's an issue, I'm certain they'll send out another update. In the meantime, happy that it works as it is described to work.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Iā€™m still on 2023.2.3, latest update not available to me yet.

I am experiencing EXACTLY what you are since the previous update a few weeks back. Throttled acceleration performance starting around 50% SOC and less, random reduced regen when the battery should be in peak operating temps that last throughout the entire driveā€¦ and then sometimes all is nominal and I have full regen and violent acceleration as I should have. Very different operation and predictability than before 2023.2.3. Vote me in for this one.
Same, still waiting as I hear it's coming "s00n"...

Sprout

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T FE FG 21 ORP
Occupation
RADIAC tech

R1T311

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Camaro SS, 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Clubs

Update went fine for my R1T (VIN 155xx) but I haven't been able to "Set Up" my fob with the truck, even though it works fine for normal operation. This means that it isn't connecting automatically, which also means that proximity lock/unlock won't work.

I called support and they're looking into it. My rep says that he's heard of this ("Unable to pair with fob") from at least one other person on the latest update. At least in my case, I never bothered to try and update the fob during the previous release; unsure if that has any bearing on my current situation.
I am in the exact same situation as you. Was planning on contacting support as well. Iā€™m interested in the outcome of this one.

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
I am in the exact same situation as you. Was planning on contacting support as well. Iā€™m interested in the outcome of this one.
They got back with me and mentioned that it can be addressed with a service visit to the SC. I already have one scheduled for next month (swapping to 20ā€™s) so Iā€™ll just take care of it then. But if you live close to a SC (mine is 3 hours away), they said itā€™s a quick drop-in visit (call ahead).

Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

Has anyone else noticed a significant performance degradation after the latest update (2023.6.2) at higher speeds?
Here were the conditions yesterday:
190 mile range
Outside temp 58F
I drove for about 5 minutes and then floored it when on the freeway (from 55mph) in Sport mode and the pickup was not where near as violent as normal. I tried a couple of more times in Sport and All Purpose mode and got the same underwhelming performance. The truck did get up to speed but more with the acceleration I would expect from Conserve mode than from Sport. I haven't tried to launch from a stop recently, but this definitely seems to be a new artifact of the latest update. Curious if others have seen this also.

sr_dipstick

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Toyota FJ62 Land Cruiser; VW Mk1 Cabby
Went for a 250 mile driver yesterday. All freeway and noticed that the Driver+ "keep hands on wheel" message is back to 10 seconds or so. So annoying! It was working beautifully in the last update that extended it to 20 seconds. Anyone experiencing this too?

tplociniak

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, VW Atlas
Occupation
Construction Manager
Went for a 250 mile driver yesterday. All freeway and noticed that the Driver+ "keep hands on wheel" message is back to 10 seconds or so. So annoying! It was working beautifully in the last update that extended it to 20 seconds. Anyone experiencing this too?
Was coming to ask this question, the release notes state 20 seconds, but I timed it and mine is still 10 seconds, like it was previous to the update.

ER1T

First Name
Er
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Mustang GT
Occupation
IT
Just got update 2023.06.02 notice while sitting in the truck @12:24 pst
Sponsored