Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
Oh no!
Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wonder why some take longer to install than others? Time to defrag! :p

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

It seems like the birds-eye view got worse.

In the Before, you can see a smooth curb line, making one continuous image at the front left. In the After, the curb line is a mess.
The door is open on the driver side in the 2nd. That's what is screwing it up

Sponsored

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
Does anyone know how to "force" a key fob update? Mine got the software update overnight. When I got into the car this morning after the update installed, it said there was a key fob update available. I didn't have the fob handy so I pressed later. Now it's not showing me any available update for the key fob.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know how to "force" a key fob update? Mine got the software update overnight. When I got into the car this morning after the update installed, it said there was a key fob update available. I didn't have the fob handy so I pressed later. Now it's not showing me any available update for the key fob.
Mine showed up in the vehicle update screen. Are you not seeing it there?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Did it update during the last OTA, I think the update is supposed to be only for those where it failed on the last OTA. Just a guess, I saw some message about updating my FOB but never did one on this OTA.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Did it update during the last OTA, I think the update is supposed to be only for those where it failed on the last OTA. Just a guess, I saw some message about updating my FOB but never did one on this OTA.
Mine was supposedly updated by the SC months ago. Last update had the 2022.31.x for the fob. (I think that was it). so I hit update and the fob went quickly.
Last night after the update to this version, it still said fob update needed. I shrugged my shoulders and went inside to get the fob. When I got back out to the truck, the option to update was no longer listed under update.
I wonder if the truck "forgot" what version the fob was on until it became active again.
I hope it doesn't show up every update as a bug for a bit!

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
It did update during the last OTA, so maybe it was a residual update message from last time. I guess I'll see if it appears again. It let me turn on proximity locking for the fob, I assume it wouldn't if it needed an update.

Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Mine was supposedly updated by the SC months ago. Last update had the 2022.31.x for the fob. (I think that was it). so I hit update and the fob went quickly.
Last night after the update to this version, it still said fob update needed. I shrugged my shoulders and went inside to get the fob. When I got back out to the truck, the option to update was no longer listed under update.
I wonder if the truck "forgot" what version the fob was on until it became active again.
I hope it doesn't show up every update as a bug for a bit!
Exactly the same experience for me.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Stuck at 7% for a while now…
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.6.2 OTA Update Released to Public 479BAFBF-9AF1-4066-98A1-C5E6A9D92B4E

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
Two updates down since getting my truck. Both went fine. Both ended about 80 minutes after starting. No issues. I'm happy. :)

Last edited:

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Exactly the same experience for me.
This happened to me too, although instead of prompting me for the key fob after this 2023.6.2 update, it prompted me randomly last week. Although it had already updated, I went and got my fob (I use PAAK) and when I went to the update screen there was no mention of fob update...strange.

After this 2023.6.2 update, the screens were veeeery slow responding and the cameras didn't work at all. I ended up rebooting the display, and everything seems ok now.
Sponsored