CAT Property Underwriter

Revelation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian Blue R1T
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
I have to assume that we may need more storage space if the plan is to use gear guard as a full time dash cam.
Right, there are two usb-c ports in the console. For Gear Guard they recommended 64Gb. For Dashcam they are recommending 128Gb. So with 256Gb you should be able to store quite a bit.

My question was, why not order a USB-C flash drive instead of a USB-A drive and an adapter?

rookford

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Adventure, R2 Pre-order Holder
Clubs

Can you use any of the USB C ports like the headrest ones or passenger ones in the back? I am using the console ones for a wireless charger...

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Need a SSD option that mounts flush against the side of the console and whose cable doesn't stick out.

The position of the USB-C ports always makes me think they're going to get damaged with normal cables.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
My question was, why not order a USB-C flash drive instead of a USB-A drive and an adapter?
Most of us likely have lots of spare USB-A drives sitting around doing nothing, so might as well use them.

I have a few of these sitting around from my Model Y Sentry Cam, so I will be using that with my 128Gb Samsung Pro Endurance card (which is recommended for constant overwrites).

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.14.0 Software Update NICE! New Gear Guard App w/ Drive Cam 1681826049854

Last edited:

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Some nice updates in there, but moving the trip meters is a massive bust. I'm constantly resetting Trip A every time I charge since they don't have a since last charge or current trip meter. As someone else said, this isn't a setting, it's a vehicle status. Right now it's on a button that's always displayed in the icon bar...moving it to settings requires far more taps to find it since it's not always displayed. Really dumb move.

Per requirements on the dash cam, I'm glad I went with the USB-C drive that I did, but I may seek out a micro SD adapter instead so I can use a high endurance card instead.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Oh yeah...and the Driver+ / ACC / LKA updates mentioned. Boy I hope it actually improves the situation. My truck wants to dive into damn near every left turn lane I come across and it's really getting annoying. If I have ACC on when I come up to one that's occupied it wants to phantom brake so hard I'm afraid someone will rear end me if they're following too close. I haven't been using Highway Assist because the ping-ponging in the lane is so bad and it is so aggressive about staying in the center of the lane that it passes other vehicles too closely if they are near the lane lines.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
... and it is so aggressive about staying in the center of the lane that it passes other vehicles too closely if they are near the lane lines.
This has been my biggest complaint as well. When passing semi-trucks that hug the edge of lane, it feels like it is trying to push me into the truck being passed.

Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

This has been my biggest complaint as well. When passing semi-trucks that hug the edge of lane, it feels like it is trying to push me into the truck being passed.
I'm hoping that if you use the steering wheel to nudge the truck over in the lane to force a disconnect of HA that someone is seeing those manual interventions and using them to improve system behavior. But who knows. Could just be wishful thinking.

cjones1130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi Q7 , 2023 Red Canyon Rivian R1T
This. Of course I always steer away which deactivates the Hwy Asst; I basically leave it off and just have LKA on.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Overall a nice, solid update.

Why did you hide a facebook link in those URLs?

I cross posted from a post I recommenced in FB odd that it picked it up as I only posted URLs. My bad

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

Some nice updates in there, but moving the trip meters is a massive bust. I'm constantly resetting Trip A every time I charge since they don't have a since last charge or current trip meter. As someone else said, this isn't a setting, it's a vehicle status. Right now it's on a button that's always displayed in the icon bar...moving it to settings requires far more taps to find it since it's not always displayed. Really dumb move.
IF they actually gave good consumption/energy usage data that didn't need to by tied to the trip meters then I have no issues moving them. The way it is, their usage information is pretty pathetic.
I'm amazed how much less information there is than my Leaf.
Sponsored