Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Solved with quick closing charge port door. If you lose your hand, you may not be able to get it in gear to see that the 12v is dead
Unplugged this morning and quick snap shut again. :(
Mine stayed open until I put it in drive today.
Sponsored

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Solved with quick closing charge port door. If you lose your hand, you may not be able to get it in gear to see that the 12v is dead
Mine stayed open until I put it in drive today.
My port door was back to the chop chop mode this morning... like to trying to take cheese from a mouse trap. Surely they'll address this glitch soon... :rolleyes:

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

My port door was back to the chop chop mode this morning... like to trying to take cheese from a mouse trap. Surely they'll address this glitch soon... :rolleyes:
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 1680288748735

Hopefully so. Wonder if it will be another .10 revision or if it will be in what should be .14 or later

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I hope someone gets a one-handed video of the quick snap trap.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Chop-chop!

Sponsored

alisdair1941

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Anyone else seeing a drastic improvement in vampire drain?

For example, we've had it parked and off the charger since last night, about 15 hours. Right now my logs are showing that the battery level has stayed at exactly 54.2% over that time. There's been a few .1% adjustments, (a little up then a little back down), so it's reporting the battery level, but the actual drain is much less.

It's possible that they've simply changed how it reports battery levels when parked (i.e., it'll suddenly drop once we start driving), but I am wondering if this update made a bigger impact on vampire drain with the phone changes.

Hopefully someone else has a chance to perform a multi-day drain test to see if it's actually improved. I don't really believe it's 0% over the last 15 hours, but it's been consistently 1.8%/day before the last update, and you could extrapolate this from a ~6 hour window easily.
I'm installing the update on my R1T now. As soon as it's done I'll do the standard 24 hour test: zero-out the trip meter and check it after 24 hours to see the energy usage (using the battery percentage as a metric is flawed as it can fluctuate with temperature). Before now I've been averaging 1.5kWh over 24 hours, which equates to a constant 50-65w draw.

There's been some speculation that it's the various Driver+ sensors and the windshield camera heater that's drawing power when the truck is parked; FLIR thermal imaging proved that actually.

Seems this update may have fixed it though? https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-people-are-getting.12572/page-18#post-309436

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

Even knowing that chop chop was a possibility, I still wasn’t fast enough this morning and got a good pinch. I hope they get on this soon! It’s complete opposite from what they wanted to do. It’s the instant you push the locking tab down and the door is much faster than before.

We’ve been punked.

elektrode

First Name
Bran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline to R1T
Album art via Bluetooth is borked with this update and iOS 16.4. Not sure which one caused it since I updated both this week.

The correct art will display for the first song, and then won’t update. Display reset didn’t do anything but tell me to service my suspension soon. :)

Didn’t think “not CarPlay” could get worse, but…

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Anyone else notice a change in Camp Speaker behavior with this new update. Noticed that mine gets the “camp speaker not connected” warning window when docked. Also noticed that it’s randomly connecting to my phone now while I’m in the house.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Just adding my experience post-update: Charging door has not attempted to take my hand off yet. I've charged a couple of times since the update and the first time it closed once I put it in drive, and the second it closed after some time (I was still outside putting my extension J1772 away and it timed out and closed after a while).

Sponsored

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
Now im a little worried...got in today and got a "driver + not available please service soon" warning...but it went away 20 seconds later...This update has some kinks to workout...

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Now im a little worried...got in today and got a "driver + not available please service soon" warning...but it went away 20 seconds later...This update has some kinks to workout...
“Chop-chop”! Oh, wait, that’s a different issue! 🤣👍🏻

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach
I’ve been getting this “Display software error, Service vehicle soon” message ever since doing the 23.10.0 update. It pops up for a couple seconds each time I start the vehicle. Haven’t noticed anything not working properly.
IMG_7489.jpeg
I had the same error. Soft reboot and it's not come back.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I've occasionally gotten that ever since getting my truck. I think sometimes the hardware for driver+ takes longer than expected to initialize. It's always gone away. Only time driver+ refused to work turned out to be because my alignment was off and they added the messaging for that sometime last year.
Sponsored