Sponsored

bhlackey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, KTM SX-450F
I believe that the Handle is locked while charging, but if charging is over and truck is locked, you can still remove the handle. This allows someone to move the plug if you are done charging. especially at public chargers. :)
Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I believe that the Handle is locked while charging, but if charging is over and truck is locked, you can still remove the handle. This allows someone to move the plug if you are done charging. especially at public chargers. :)
Hmmmm I’ll have to test it again. I had scheduled charging on but the charging session was done. Couldn’t release the plug until I unlocked the truck.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 4C6EA301-1473-46AF-910C-A858567A7B6F

I’ve lost driver + and proxmitiy sensors

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Ok I have a theory on the charge door:

Rivian is obviously preparing to open their Hawaii location and is just preparing their coconut cracking feature!

My R1S is at 60% of it's update now so looking forward to "tickling the dragon" that is the charging port door

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix disney-moana

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, 2016 Ford Escape, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Update complete.

Thought the radio preset wasn't working still but then I saw you need to have it on a preset for it to go to the next one. If it is a random station it wouldn't jump to the preset.

Unplugged from completed charge (from my Autel maxicharger) first thing and nothing with the door. Pushed the button and it seemed to close fast, but never noticed how fast it used to be. Played with the car

The got out and opened door to charge without issue. Plugged in and no issue, pulled out charger while it was charging and ... No issue

Sponsored

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Started my update 90 minutes ago.

Took 45 minutes to get to 91 percent complete. Came back to look at my phone and it went back to 6%. Now it's been stuck on 6% for 30 minutes.

Edit: only took 2 hours and 46 minutes. Talk about scaring an EV N00b LOL.

Last edited:

schalliol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S6, Honda Odyssey
My R1S at the paint protection place. Will be getting it home tomorrow after 7 days (too much paint correction and then protection), and I’ve only driven it 100 feet so far. I’m able to apply it while it’s there overnight. Nail biter for me, even though I haven’t heard anyone bricking.
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 1680057590564

Z R1S

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, BMW X7
Update complete, took just about 80 minutes as noted. Finally got the liftgate button added to the app instead of only being on the key fob or inside the vehicle!

Would really love the ability in the next OTA to create a custom drive mode with height settings, regen settings, and power delivery settings customized so that I can easily switch between my preferred and my wife's preferred settings.

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix Screenshot_20230328_224332_Rivian

JPC

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Limestone - Forest Edge - 21"
I ran the update yesterday afternoon successfully and plugged in to wall charger later for scheduled overnight charging.

This morning, I unplug the truck and the charger door IMMEDIATELY closes. If I had hesitated a second, it would have got my hand.

They definitely have a logic issue, especially since the update is supposed to leave the door open until you hit drive or manually close it.
Just happened to me too. My charge was fully complete and the moment I started to disconnect it closed. Yikes.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I ran the update yesterday afternoon successfully and plugged in to wall charger later for scheduled overnight charging.

This morning, I unplug the truck and the charger door IMMEDIATELY closes. If I had hesitated a second, it would have got my hand.

They definitely have a logic issue, especially since the update is supposed to leave the door open until you hit drive or manually close it.
same experience for me this morning... caught me off guard. I'm hoping that was a one-off occurrence after waking from the update cycle. We'll see tomorrow morning...
My charging port door worked as advertised this morning... all good! It remained open until I shifted into gear - then closed automatically. It does appear the update increased the closure speed of the door.

Sponsored

OverZealous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2023 R1S Quad-Adventure
Occupation
Product Manager / Front-End Developer
Anyone else seeing a drastic improvement in vampire drain?

For example, we've had it parked and off the charger since last night, about 15 hours. Right now my logs are showing that the battery level has stayed at exactly 54.2% over that time. There's been a few .1% adjustments, (a little up then a little back down), so it's reporting the battery level, but the actual drain is much less.

It's possible that they've simply changed how it reports battery levels when parked (i.e., it'll suddenly drop once we start driving), but I am wondering if this update made a bigger impact on vampire drain with the phone changes.

Hopefully someone else has a chance to perform a multi-day drain test to see if it's actually improved. I don't really believe it's 0% over the last 15 hours, but it's been consistently 1.8%/day before the last update, and you could extrapolate this from a ~6 hour window easily.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
4C6EA301-1473-46AF-910C-A858567A7B6F.jpeg

I’ve lost driver + and proxmitiy sensors
Do you still have LTE? I lost my LTE before (basically the car didn't know where it is and the sensors were gone) and had to bring the car to a Rivian Service Center to do a hard reset (completely disconnect the power source).

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Do you still have LTE? I lost my LTE before (basically the car didn't know where it is and the sensors were gone) and had to bring the car to a Rivian Service Center to do a hard reset (completely disconnect the power source).
Ya I had lte still— infotainment reset fixed it. Second of the day!

also I got the insanely fast charger door closing on me today. Wtf I don’t remember it being that fast lol

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Did the update last night. Also saw the LIGHTNING FAST charger door when I removed my charging cord but because of this forum, I was ready for it!

So far, all is good. Interestingly, my R1T has had unlevel suspension and has been to the service center once to fix the issue, with no luck. The left driver side has been lower than the right side by about 3-4". Since the update, the suspension seem to have "aligned" on both sides. I'm going to keep an eye on this but would be good news, as I always thought it was perhaps a calibration issue more than anything.

Coj

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, XC90 T8
Occupation
Real Estate
New version. Most exciting is the Tesla Supercharger network option.

C5E9F206-790D-41EE-AF7A-53005CB5D140.jpeg

D90433A9-09BD-453E-9979-7BE42EEBE806.jpeg

4F9BD9AF-E19A-47D8-B6D8-41C78F1607D0.jpeg

267D8080-35F1-46EE-8741-8C6E760D7C70.jpeg

495F2796-F592-48A6-AD15-FFBEED3D7424.jpeg
Phone key proximity still an issue . . . still waiting by the door for it to recognize my phone in my hand and unlock the door.
Sponsored