Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
Highway Assist will no longer have hands on nag in low speed traffic situations?

maybe similar to BMWs extended traffic jam assist? But that has a specified limit of 40mph

The release notes are pretty vague about this here
Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Is there an official way to send software bugs to the Rivian team?
They’ve got plenty of bugs already. We should send them fixes!

To be more serious, the best thing to do is file a service ticket Is what I’ve been told by the Rivian folks.

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

They’ve got plenty of bugs already. We should send them fixes!
:CWL:

If they ever open source their code, I'd be happy to contribute!

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
I have been away since late last week and left it plugged in at 70%. Told my wife no way are we taking it to airport with current state of 12v affairs. She rolled eyes and reluctantly agreed we take her Rubicon. So...just crossing fingers it isn't dead yet. Seems to be alive when I check in on it. I just found some wood and knocked on it....
Kick on your steering wheel heat to wake it up and give it something to think about instead of just drain the 12v 😉

I have been out of the country a week now and will be back to the house this weekend. I haven't seen any trouble yet. I am also 14k miles in, there is speculation the 12v could be related to some of the new ones rolling off the line this year...who knows! We will never...

UPDATE: I say that, and then check my Rivian app to find...not amused!
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix Screenshot_20230323_101835_Rivian

Next UPDATE: Rivian confirmed they could not see the truck either, it had definitely not checked in for over 70hrs when it was all said and done. I got home, opened Rivian app and it synced right up via Bluetooth and it was online for my wife's phone also. So bizarre...it's like it had to have a PAAK signal to wake the cell. While I was out of town I had my brother stop by, unlock the truck, sit in it and press the brake and it was drive ready...yet that still did not wake up the communications of the truck... both wifi and LTE did not check in after that. Weird for sure.

Next UPDATE: Take that back, I am only connected with Bluetooth. If I am out of BT range it shows 80hrs since last synced. Will follow up with Rivian this morning.

Last edited:

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Is there an official way to send software bugs to the Rivian team?
Not really.

Some people have been told to tell their guide. When I tried that I felt like it was just being "round-filed".

Some people have been told to create service tickets. I have done this but have since been told (by service) to "please stop".
I have also emailed details to the customerservice AT rivian address.

I bet they are pulling logs anytime there is a fault on any vehicle, we are just the annoying human that calls stuff in 😁

Sponsored

md11phlyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T White/Quad/Adv 22s, Cessna 310Q
Why is everyone so hard up for a dash cam? I never even considered this as a priority. Not trying to be rude just wondering what I'm missing.

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Why is everyone so hard up for a dash cam? I never even considered this as a priority. Not trying to be rude just wondering what I'm missing.
Because most people drive like toolbags and it could be the difference between a fight with insurance companies or an easy time if you're not at fault.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
So what's the consensus on this version? I'm on the version prior to last because I was scared to update to the prior due to the 12V issues. It's running just fine, so I see no need to update just yet other than I don't want to fall too far behind...

JamesPolk24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I was almost T-boned my someone running a red light and was able to avoid it by sheer luck. Without the cam, it becomes a he said/she said. Dash cam would save many owners headache and potentially huge sums of money. The sooner the better.

Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Dashcam + valet mode will help with feeling warm and snuggly driving around town and leaving my truck with the 16 y.o. valet who just got their drivers license.

Last edited:

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
So what's the consensus on this version? I'm on the version prior to last because I was scared to update to the prior due to the 12V issues. It's running just fine, so I see no need to update just yet other than I don't want to fall too far behind...
Same as you: I'm on the version prior to 2023.6.2/5 and I'm holding off until the 2023.10.0 shows up. Truck is running fine, so no need to chance it.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
My update-

yesterday my truck was dead. Turns out it was the 12v issue.

Rivian was super great and sent someone out on his way home from the service center. He had it fixed in about 45 minutes after all said and done.

just hoping this update gets out asap. He did mention he’s seen these multiple times this week and gave a tip that if you notice any signs of your 12v dying (ie: slow handles, screen flicker, not going into drive or reverse, etc) that you can do a hard reset and it should reengage the 12v battery to get the truck giving it juice again.

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Is the hard reset safe and a standard troubleshooting activity?

BoIsADog

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach-E
Agreed, not to be rude either.
Sponsored