First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Now im a little worried...got in today and got a "driver + not available please service soon" warning...but it went away 20 seconds later...This update has some kinks to workout...
I got the same and it went away. I’m also having a lot of issues now with PAAK not working. 3 instances where I walk away and the truck doesn’t lock, before it was 100% flawless. And lastly, seems like 50% of the time when I get in the seat doesn’t move to my position and I have to restore from the menu. If this happens I can guarantee the PAAK will not lock the vehicle automatically. Two soft resets so far…..
Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Applied the update Wed morning, was ready for the chop-chop charge port door... but mine behaved as advertised and stayed open after removing the charge handle. Odd that so many have experienced the opposite behavior the programmers intended and for some it works as intended. Wonder if there are some hardware variations between older and newer vehicles causing the issue? My truck was built in Jan 2023.

skigramps

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S 2023 Subaru Crosstrek
Occupation
Retired
Applied the update Wed morning, was ready for the chop-chop charge port door... but mine behaved as advertised and stayed open after removing the charge handle. Odd that so many have experienced the opposite behavior the programmers intended and for some it works as intended. Wonder if there are some hardware variations between older and newer vehicles causing the issue? My truck was built in Jan 2023.
……..well, second charge since latest update. First charge and door behaved just fine. This time though, lucky to have thumbs to type this update. Closed stupid fast. Pays to follow the forum!

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
……..well, second charge since latest update. First charge and door behaved just fine. This time though, lucky to have thumbs to type this update. Closed stupid fast. Pays to follow the forum!
"Chop-chop"!

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I did note that the operating speed of the door is much faster then it was before the update, Rivian probably needs to dial it back a bit.

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Got the automatic quick snap this morning when disconnecting on completed charge (85%). I knew to pay attention and was ready.

it’s previously been closing normally (on demand) after upgrading to latest release. Seems like a random russian roulette game.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Got the automatic quick snap this morning when disconnecting on completed charge (85%). I knew to pay attention and was ready.

it’s previously been closing normally (on demand) after upgrading to latest release. Seems like a random russian roulette game.
Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix 8FEE4CBF-2937-4E3C-885C-325368561E0B

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Mine decided to do the chop chop this morning. I was driving into the sun with ACC and didn't have any issues, surprisingly. I did have it phantom brake when trying to go past a line of cars that was in a turn lane though...that was weird.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It'll happen... To.. YOU... One of mine stayed open and one closed immediately after unplugging today.

Seems to depend on what the state of the truck is. But it still doesn't feel consistent. Maybe it is but I don't have a good handle on the state machine.

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I am back to the chop chop. Last 2 days pulled the cord out and charge port door came down like a guillotine. I survived.

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Mine does chop chop so much once theh fix this, I will need a week or two of deprograming to slow me back down.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Just got the chop, which I had not seen previously. This time the truck was locked when I pulled the plug vs. unlocked on previous occasions

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just got the chop, which I had not seen previously. This time the truck was locked when I pulled the plug vs. unlocked on previous occasions
I think that might be when I've seen the immediate closure. I swear I used to have to unlock the truck every time when unplugging it before this last update, otherwise it was still holding the cable locked in. If it's doing this on a public charger that's slightly concerning as it could mean someone gets hurt unplugging it.

racekarl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I think that might be when I've seen the immediate closure. I swear I used to have to unlock the truck every time when unplugging it before this last update, otherwise it was still holding the cable locked in. If it's doing this on a public charger that's slightly concerning as it could mean someone gets hurt unplugging it.
I am not 100% sure but I think the handle lock pin retracts when not charging (white surround light) and engages when charging (green surround) regardless of vehicle lock status. You can pull the handle any time the light is white, vehicle locked or unlocked.
Sponsored