Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Quick question as I picked up my R1S this morning. Does 2023.10.0 supersede 2023.6.2?

I was told that I 2023.6.2 was the latest software this morning.
2023.10.0 is not released yet. In beta. You have the latest official release.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Quick question as I picked up my R1S this morning. Does 2023.10.0 supersede 2023.6.2?

I was told that I 2023.6.2 was the latest software this morning.
2023.6.5 is the latest software but they only made that available to people with older Driver+ hardware. My T has .5 but my S has .2

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Plug & Charge is an ISO standard.

Plug and Charge is whatever anyone writing those words wants it to be.

Plug & Charge still requires the vendor and the vehicle manufacturer to work together to enable it.
The standard is "ISO 15118 Road vehicles — Vehicle to grid communication interface"

The industry nonprofit CharIN is the official "standards body" for CCS, and while they did finally standardize on "Plug & Charge" as the official wording, even they have used "and" instead of "&" in their own promotional material. Heck, they called it "PnC" for a while.

In all cases, the name isn't trademarked, so anyone can use any term they want, or even use "Plug & Charge" to refer to non-ISO 15118 systems.

Tesla could call their automated billing system for Tesla vehicles using the Tesla connector at Tesla Superchargers "Plug & Charge" if they wanted.

CharIN *really* should have trademarked the phrase and have an official certification process for it.

Sponsored

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Agreed that it would be so much better. Goal should be plug and charge for every network listed in the Rivian app. C’mon Rivian, you can do it!
I'd like to see this too but when you do it on the Ford F-150 plug in charge works but you do not get the discounted subscription for the app rate which is annoying. Hopefully rivian does it in a way that links accounts.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
The standard is "ISO 15118 Road vehicles — Vehicle to grid communication interface"

The industry nonprofit CharIN is the official "standards body" for CCS, and while they did finally standardize on "Plug & Charge" as the official wording, even they have used "and" instead of "&" in their own promotional material. Heck, they called it "PnC" for a while.

In all cases, the name isn't trademarked, so anyone can use any term they want, or even use "Plug & Charge" to refer to non-ISO 15118 systems.

Tesla could call their automated billing system for Tesla vehicles using the Tesla connector at Tesla Superchargers "Plug & Charge" if they wanted.

CharIN *really* should have trademarked the phrase and have an official certification process for it.
I suspect it is the proper system I haven't seen plug in charge out there not referenced to the iso standard.

There's Auto charge and some other garbage out there but at least nobody's abused it yet.

gingerjet

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
So do I, and you are right, both do. But it's a night and day difference.
Completely agree. I regularly park my vehicles in airport parking lots and Sentry Mode enabled on my Y loses less energy per day than the Rivian does with Gear Guard turned off.

Even though I would still have plenty of energy left in the vehicle when I return back from current trip I ended up turning Gear Guard off 5000 miles away as it was depressing to view how much drain it took. However - I can work around it for the time being and believe Rivian will continue to optimize Rivian's systems to reduce the issue.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
i think i will be interested in the tunein premium trial for 1 year. That could be a welcome change from radio.
I’m definitely interested. I hope it fixes the large amount of replayed material mixed in with real-time content on the news stations.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I suspect it is the proper system I haven't seen plug in charge out there not referenced to the iso standard.

There's Auto charge and some other garbage out there but at least nobody's abused it yet.
GM was referring to EVGo's Auto charge+ as "Plug and Charge" for a while. I don't know if they still are.

Sponsored

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Sneak attack, 2023.10.1 is pushing to non-beta owners! Check your app or dash since the phone app does not push notification for OTAs anymore. I will likely kick it off overnight...places to go, people to see today.

Rivian R1T R1S 2023.10.0 software update OTA released. Includes  Tesla Supercharger network option and 12v battery draining issue fix Screenshot_20230326_153734_Rivian

Last edited:

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Still 2023.2.3 here.

Waiting patiently.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
It depends if RAN out-paces R1 deliveries. Hint: it wont.
Its too bad because if there were many RAN chargers being used by non-Rivian EVs, it would make for great advertising if free (and great revenue if not!).
Here's a thought: paid RAN usage if non-Rivian, and they get that money back if they buy a Rivian.

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Why would 50 vehicles exist out in the wild that are different from the other 29500 of them? Seems weird.
It'd more likely be a software "edge case" - some specific but uncommon chain of events that has to occur to cause the undesired behavior. They're generally a PITA to figure out.

kewlasu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LA Silver Adventure Large Pack 21"
Clubs

Sneak attack, 2023.10.1 is pushing to non-beta owners! Check your app or dash since the phone app does not push notification for OTAs anymore.

Screenshot_20230326_153734_Rivian.jpg
I got my update ready to be applied.
Sponsored