G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
They said the bluetooth speaker was a subwoofer. I recall someone saying it's actually off while docked. Subwoofer is under the rear seat.
That’s correct. Subwoofer takes up a big chunk under the back seat. Bluetooth speaker is off.

PAFDenver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Baja
Occupation
retired
They also said the gear tunnel door can support 400lb. When did that happen or is that another mistake by MT? I hope they are right about that one because a 250lb limit would be an issue for me.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
They said the bluetooth speaker was a subwoofer. I recall someone saying it's actually off while docked. Subwoofer is under the rear seat.
I was also bothered to an unreasonable degree when he tried to "rush" the automatically opening frunk both while opening and closing ?.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
They also said the gear tunnel door can support 400lb. When did that happen or is that another mistake by MT? I hope they are right about that one because a 250lb limit would be an issue for me.
Regardless, Johnny said he is at a svelte 230 lbs. and he was jumping on it like a trampoline. Seems sturdy enough for me!

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Jonny has been hyping this truck for months. He has spent more time in it than any other journalist and in more varied conditions. And he's still hyping it. That's a good thing.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I guess if you want to go over recommended limit, you want to stand closer to the hinge and do it with less bounce. That way with the safety margin they have, you should be OK. They know people will be loading Kayaks and such on the roof so the total weight it can handle should be reasonable.

Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
@minute 4, does he double tap the gear tunnel door to open it? Or just that just some snazzy editing?

Looks like he unlocked the truck with the key fob...but there isn't anything within the current owner's guide that mentions opening the gear tunnel with the fob.

edit:
I finally watched the rest of the video...I guess the guy inside the tunnel opened it with the release latch...
They had me fooled...

rpsc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1972 CJ5
First time I've heard someone say (of the R1T or F-150 Lightning, in particular) "rifle" over "golf clubs".

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Minute 3: he says the front light bar is a progress bar for charging. I thought the only external indicator was the light around the charge port. Is he correct?
Sponsored