Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

This confirms what I was afraid of the roof will be so dark it seems like they should have just left it out. ya the cab wont heat up but you sure wont be seeing any stars at night. I wonder if they will ever come out with the electrocromatic roof?
Rivian R1T R1S 2022 Rivian R1T Gear tunnel hands-on review: 1631302885155
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
it would be the same as most peoples trunks I throw muddy boots and bags in all the time in and cleans up fine with vacuum and water later.
We treat our trunks completely differently... lol. I definitely have a mud liner in mine. My father in law didn't when he was working and it constantly smelt like pig shit (he sold pig stock)

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This confirms what I was afraid of the roof will be so dark it seems like they should have just left it out. ya the cab wont heat up but you sure wont be seeing any stars at night. I wonder if they will ever come out with the electrocromatic roof?
1631302885155.png
I am 100% sure this is because of camera exposure, not the lack of light. Photos and video taken from inside the cab appear to show plenty of light.
Rivian R1T R1S 2022 Rivian R1T Gear tunnel hands-on review: 1631303783863

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I am 100% sure this is because of camera exposure, not the lack of light. Photos and video taken from inside the cab appear to show plenty of light.
1631303783863.png
I don't know that still looks pretty dark you cant see anything through it. I guess it will be just like the colors we have to wait to see it in person because of cameras and light.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I don't know that still looks pretty dark you cant see anything through it. I guess it will be just like the colors we have to wait to see it in person because of cameras and light.
That looks very similar to my XC60

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Anyone else concerned about carpet on the gear tunnel wells if you're tossing wet muddy gear in there? Sounds like a recipe for some stank and making it more difficult to clean than a hard interior.
Another question for the Rivian team. Is it easily removable for cleaning?

Is that a uniquely designed dog carrier? It'd be interesting to have one that fits in the tunnel with a side entrance, and then also has a rolling opening that is greated for the pass through... Then you could keep a dirty pupper effectively in the cab (with pass through open and the inside of the crate visible) but not actually let them in the cab or climb all over passengers.
There is a passthrough that's probably big enough for your dog to poke their head through, but I'd never consider putting a puppers in the gear tunnel. I think what we're seeing in this picture is the back side of the camp kitchen that holds the water jug.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Sure hope those doors cannot open while moving, especially bouncing offroad terrain with trees nearby. Ripping a door away probably a $10,000 or more repair.

kneebuster

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Hyundai Tucson Plug-in Hybrid
Occupation
Professor
Sure hope those doors cannot open while moving, especially bouncing offroad terrain with trees nearby. Ripping a door away probably a $10,000 or more repair.
The must have a lockout on the gear tunnel doors as well as the frunk, and most likely the tailgate. Allowing the frunk to open while in motion would block the driver's view, and if they were driving fast enough, potentially rip the hood off. With everything Rivian has thought about I'd be super surprised if they missed this.

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I'm probably missing something obvious but a little passthrough from the bed to the tunnel, potentially even in line with the passthrough to the cabin seems like it would line up at a glance, and allow for long SKInny things
There might be more than just this, but at least one thing you're missing is that the tonneau cover opens and rolls down into the gap between the truck bed and the gear tunnel, preventing anything from passing through.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
There is a passthrough that's probably big enough for your dog to poke their head through, but I'd never consider putting a puppers in the gear tunnel. I think what we're seeing in this picture is the back side of the camp kitchen that holds the water jug.
Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely be on the fence about it. If there's a kennel that works with the pass through and you keep the pass through open, that might not be the worst situation.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
1631300687591.png

Is that a uniquely designed dog carrier? It'd be interesting to have one that fits in the tunnel with a side entrance, and then also has a rolling opening that is greated for the pass through... Then you could keep a dirty pupper effectively in the cab (with pass through open and the inside of the crate visible) but not actually let them in the cab or climb all over passengers.
It’s the water tank on the kitchen. That tunnel is not big enough for that lab anyway.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
1631300687591.png

Omg. Please do not put a dog in there. lol.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Omg. Please do not put a dog in there. lol.
My dog Is going to want to go through the passthrough in the back seat But it’s her size ?

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs