Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
A further thought: If there are R1S deliveries taking place as RJ claimed yesterday, why hasn't Rivian shared any sort of detailed walkthrough of the R1S interior beyond two Instagram stories.

They did a bigger rollout for R1T. By comparison, Land Rover announced the updated RRS on Tuesday and within 10 minutes of the reveal show being over they had an updated website with more quality interior pictures of the RRS than we have ever seen of the R1S.

To me, the only explanations all reflect poorly on Rivian
1. Rivian communications remain so poor athey are unable to put together a proper reveal.
2. Rivian still lacks competent and sufficient comms teams to do an update.
3. The vehicles being delivered are really glorified betas
I'm a fellow Illini, but I disagree with you criticisms, except #3. However all "from the ground up" new vehicles are betas. There is no way a new company with a new vehicle could do better. Compared to the first model X in particular, the R1T is perfection.

The Model S was at first more of a hand built car from a small company.

Don't buy a new vehicle design in the first two years of production if you are risk adverse or generally easily annoyed.

Rivian's revenue and order book would be about the same today if they did satisfy your three objections.
Sponsored

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
As for the battery shortage issue, he addressed that yesterday. The article mislead what he was saying. His actual comment was not near term like next 5 years but longer term when most vehicles being built are electric.
I believe RIVN is probably still lower today because of that comment. He essentially said "our future is bleak and beyond our control".

He's learning. Unfortunately that means learning to say as little as possible.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I'm not sure we know enough to determine delivery at SC's is a bottleneck or not.
Kind of related... Do others feels the "Home Delivery" will/could eventually become a significant delivery bottleneck?

People should be scheduling and picking up their R1 from a local SC. Seems like a SC could easily double the number of deliveries/day.

Sure, "Home Delivery" is convenient, but I don't see how it scales up given the current labor market. Back-of-the-evelope, seems like 1/2 the staff at a SC could delivery 2x R1/day

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Kind of related... Do others feels the "Home Delivery" will/could eventually become a significant delivery bottleneck?

People should be scheduling and picking up their R1 from a local SC. Seems like a SC could easily double the number of deliveries/day.

Sure, "Home Delivery" is convenient, but I don't see how it scales up given the current labor market. Back-of-the-evelope, seems like 1/2 the staff at a SC could delivery 2x R1/day
Some of it is legality. Direct seller laws prohibit them from doing any "sales activity" at their service centers in some states. They could do the delivery across the street in a parking lot, but not on their company property as I understand the laws.

jakef801

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Tundra/'18 Audi S6/'19 Rubicon/'22 R1T
FWIW, the Tesla dealership here in Utah opened 7 or 8 years ago. They had tons of vehicles and 8 or 10 charging stations. Then one day, a few years ago, all the cars were gone and the doors were locked. Only the charging stations remained operational. Then, late '21, they were suddenly open again, cars on the lot, sales floor open for business. Was it Covid, legal, operational?? I don't know.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I started buying at $40 and have kept buying the dip. Fantastic value, and I think when more and more people ride in these trucks, the stock is going to fly.
The stock will "fly" based on company valuation, # of outstanding shares, plus this weird thing called profitability (or at least a path to profitability). Most of which is tied to actual deliveries.

If they fall short of 25,000 deliveries in 2022, the stock's upside is going to be a challenge.

Q2 financials will be interesting. I think they need at least 5,000 deliveries in Q2 or Wall St might put downward pressure on the stock.
Sponsored